Chapter 35.2: Rayatha Thorn

Start from the beginning

Unfortunately, the Chaos Order was not one to roll over and lie down. The mages immediately switched to buff and guerilla tactics, increasing the abilities of the monsters on their side, while seeking out opportunities to fire missiles and restraining spells at the centaurs.

ROOOAR!

A loud roar burst through the battleground, and Agamios' eyes narrowed as he watched a centaur get pummeled to death by the enraged dire ape. "Foul beast!" The general roared as he burst through the battlefield. He grabbed a random wolf and flung it at the ape to catch its attention.

The dire ape punched the thrown direwolf. The beast exploded on impact, sending blood splattering across the ground. The ape, however, did not appear to care, as it roared then charged at Agamios, likewise sending everything in its path flying.

"Run!"

"Clear a path!"

Warriors on both sides shouted as they got out the way of these forces of nature.

"Die!"

ROAR!

The calamities clashed in an explosion of rage and bloodlust.

BOOM!

A massive shockwave blasted outward, knocking several weak individuals off their feet. The shockwave was so powerful, it spread far beyond the confines of the battlefield.

Off in the distance, Kashi, Larsial, and Shadow paused as a strong wind blew past them. Kashi looked over his shoulder at the battlefield and frowned, "Let's be quick. People are depending on us."

With those words, the trio blended into the night and dashed toward the pit. They did not encounter much opposition during their run as most sentries had been attracted to the battle. What little they met were silently and efficiently dispatched.

Shortly after that, the pit came into view. Kashi, Shadow, and Larsial gaped in shock at the massive black hole. Now that they were this close, even Shadow and Larsial who were less mana-sensitive than Kashi felt goosebumps shoot up all over their skins. They felt like they were gazing upon the origin of everything evil and impure in the world.

"Over there," Shadow prompted, and both Kashi and Lunette followed his finger to see a white-haired, old man stood at the mouth of the pit with a clear orb in his right hand and a magic staff in his left. The six foot six old man, who looked to be in his late sixties, retained the body shape of a peak thirty-year-old. He was dressed in green cotton pants and donned a loose jacket made from leaves.

 He was dressed in green cotton pants and donned a loose jacket made from leaves

Kashi visibly cringed, instantly recognizing the outfit. The all green, plant-based clothing, going as far as to make pauldrons out of wood bark. These, plus the staff, and the minimalistic outfit usually pointed to one class. Druids.

Druids shared a mixed reputation in Destia. On the one hand, their ability to tame and communicate with beasts, coupled with their comprehensive knowledge of all things plant related could mean the difference between life and death for an adventuring party.