Chapter 35.2: Rayatha Thorn

Chaos Order Outpost

"Tear them apart!" Agamios roared as the Longman tribe burst through the walls and made a beeline for the prisoned chief.

"Stop there!" Several sentries shouted as the remaining five hundred or so monsters left in the camp clashed against the centaurs led by a marilith and a dire ape. Dire apes were 8-foot-fall ape-like creatures with four arms, two massive upper arms, and slightly smaller lower arms.

The sentries utilized [Levitate] to gain a height advantage over the battle, then proceeded to bombard the invaders with fireballs and ice spike projectiles, without care for the monsters caught in the chaos. Evidently, the Chaos Order acolytes and priests stationed in this outpost consisted solely of mages.

"Die!" Agamios roared as he burst through the flames and caved in a direwolf's skull with a single punch. He flipped the corpse around and used it as a club to smash in the heads of surrounding monsters. Blood and flesh exploded around the one-man battering ram as he continued his charge unhindered.

"That's as far as you go!" A priest roared as he cast [Flame Tornado]. A thick flaming pillar rose from the ground and zipped toward the centaur general with the marilith close behind for insurance.

Agamios' gaze narrowed as he charged into the pillar.

Boom!

The flame pillar exploded the second Agamios made contact and burned everything within five meters.

The acolyte laughed and ridiculed, "Foolish be—"

"Die." Agamios' deep voice interrupted the acolyte as he emerged from the explosion unscathed with a ki manifestation of a four-meter-tall centaur monster surrounding him. Before the acolyte could recover from the shock, Agamios' ki manifestation roared as it grabbed the stunned marilith's head.

Agamios' rage-filled eyes looked up into the marilith's as a sneer curled up his lips, "I just need to make you bleed enough."

"No, wait!" several acolytes cried with panic-laden voices. The marilith's importance could not be understated!

Agamios ignored their cries. "Isn't that right, Kashi." The centaur let out a ghastly grin as his ki manifestation ripped off the marilith's head.

"You will pay for that!" The acolytes roared as they charged up a massive spell to eradicate the general.

Puchi!

A spear suddenly stabbed through an acolyte at this critical juncture. The hidden strike blasted a bow sized hole through the man's chest, leaving no illusions to his survival. The acolytes froze as they watched the spear zip through the air into the hand of a distinct looking centaur.

The spear had barely settled in Darian's hand before he once again launched it at the hovering acolytes. Vwhoosh! The spear blasted through the night like a shooting star and exploded through the heart of a hovering priest. The priest's eyes widened in shock as he wondered why his mana shield had failed.

Darian's gaze hardened as the weapon once again returned to his grasp. "You will pay for your crimes!" Darian cried as he readied himself for another throw.

Whoosh!

Darian gaped, shocked as the sentries rapidly descended to the ground. The mages did not fancy remaining a sitting duck for the angry centaur. Hence they grudgingly traded their aerial superiority for their lives.

"Good work kid!" Agamios praised as he stormed through the monster army. The pressure on the centaurs had significantly reduced as the mages lost clear sight lines to their targets.