Why?

Bunny's POV

Once we got home Darry looked at me. "Bunny you ain't fighting." He said I looked at him horrified. "hell ya I am!" I yelled he glared. "No! Your injured enough we can afford anymore hospital bills." He said my jaw dropped. "C'mon Darry me an Pony will team up!" I said he sighed and shook his head.

"Fine but you be careful on that damn knee." He said I nodded smiling widely. "Hey Soda! When'd you start shaving?" Pony asked Soda, who was siting at the table playing poker with Steve.

"When I was fifteen." He yelled and I let out a laugh. "What about Darry?" Pony asked again. "When he was thirteen." Soda said and I laughed again.

"You think your growing a bread for the rumble little man?!" I hollered.

Pony rolled his eyes. "Man Bunny your so funny. You should be in the comic for the newspaper." He said sarcastically.

I smiled. "I'll apply next week!" I said then looked at the clock. '7:00' it read I smirked.

"Well I'm ready to kick some soc ass!" I screamed running out the door the gang followed me. We did stunts all the way down the street. Soda jumped on Darry's back me in Steve's.

"Look if the cops show You, Bunny and Soda beat it outa there!" Darry told Pony, he only nodded as Darry kept talking. "I'll get jailed but y'all will got homed." He said as we arrived at the lot.

Darry shook hands with Shepard and Brumly's outfit while I talked with Soda for a little bit.

The socs pulled up in their fancy mustangs nice shirts and nice hair. I wore a green flannel with a tight black tank top, blue jeans, and black converse. Darry and a Soc named Paul stood nose to nose.

"I'll take ya." Paul said I chuckled, "Paul's dead." I told Soda and he nodded in agreement.

Tim looked at Soda. "What's up with them?" He asked Soda looked at him. "They used to play football together." He shrugged.

"No say to rumble without me!" I heard the familiar voice of Dally's and I cheering.

Then the first punch was thrown at Pony and I felt a soc grab my arm the through me down, my head hit the grass roughly and that's when it all began.

I threw up my knee hitting him between the legs and quickly got up. I saw Pony getting the shit beat out of him and I quickly ran over. I grabbed the docs shoulder beginning to pull, I hit him across the head but the soc didn't budge.

Turning he put a hand on my shoulder and punched me in the face a few times. I lifted my arm and punched his cheek, the feeling of my knuckles break open caused an unwanted scream escape my mouth.

The soc threw me down and kicked my head and I started seeing double, I'm not sure how long my eyes were closed before I realized the socs ran.

I pushed myself up off the ground the world spinning around me, but I still cheered. Dally grabbed Pony and nodded to me we ran to the t-bird.

Dally sped down the road and before he could get too cocky a cop soon pulled us over.

"Where's the fire?" I heard the gruff voice of a cop ask Dally. I was shoved behind Pony's seat hoping that I wasn't in sight.

"The kid fell of his cycle, man. I'm takin' him to the hospital." Dally lied through his teeth.

I heard a sigh from the cop, "Is he okay?"

"Do I look like a doctor? I don't know, man!" Dally almost yelled. The cop went silent then mumbled out a follow me. Sirens went off and Dally began driving again.

"He inhaled to much smoke. He won't make it I'm sorry." The doctor said Dally took out his heater and held it to the doctor. "Can we go in now?" He asked the doctor moved out of the way we ran in. Johnny laid on the bed his breathing was steady. "Hey Johnny! We beat em' we beat the socs!" Dally said Johnny nodded weakly. "Fightin ain't gonna do any good." He said Dally nodded. "I know that but still we chased him right outa our neighbor hood." Dal said. "Bunny come here." Johnny whispered I nodded and leaned closer. "Don't ever change." He said tears stared streaming down my face he then told Pony to come here. "Stay Gold PonyBoy Stay Gold!" He whispered the heart thingy started to beep then the line went flat. A lump formed in my throat a sob escaped. Dally said something but I couldn't understand. Pony and I started walking home. Pony walked in first me quickly after. Everyone laid around the room Ashley sat against the wall her knees pulled to her chests. Ashton was fixing Darry's wounds. "Bunny Pony! What happened? Where ya been?" Darry asked my heart started thumping. "Johnny's dead." Pony said blankly the tears rushed quicker I backed up to the door. "No!" I screamed everyone looked at me. "No he can't be dead he can't he can't! I should be dead I could've helped but instead he's dead!" I screamed my mind starting to spin. "I shouldn't have killed the damn Soc if I didn't he'd still be alive dammit!" I screamed walking outside. I started to run.

Is that all you do? Run from your problems?!?

The voice in my head said. I heard police sirens and gasped. Dally! I saw I figure run to the park. I ran after it. I knew it was Dally because who'd be out at this time. I was a few feet away when the cops pulled up. Dally pulled the unloaded heater I heard the gang run up screaming 'Don't Shoot!' Boom! One shot I saw the bullet skim Dallas's side. That's when everything went in slow motion. The officer pulling the trigger I ran tackling Dally to the ground the bullet missed us both. I grabbed the heater and chunked it. "Dammit Dally!" I said he glared at me. "Bunny!" He snapped I rolled off him the ambulance came and loaded him up. My breathing was uneven. The gang can towards me I hugged Two-Bit and sobbed in his chest he wrapped his arms around me. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, Im so sorry!" I sobbed he rubbed my back. "It's not your fault it'll be okay!" He said I sobbed more. We went to the hospital to get news in Dally. A doctor saw us sitting in the waiting room. He stared at us probably because. We were all bloody and we all had been crying. "Are you The Curtis Gang?" He asked we nodded he smiled lightly. "My nephew was in your gang. Johnny." He said his eyes watered. "Y'all are real good kids. Don't let people tell you different, and stay together as friends y'all's relation is amazing." He said causing me to cry more. I noticed a boy with black hair sneak out of the hospital. 'That's not Johnny he's dead!' I told my self I sighed and closed my eyes falling asleep in the hospital waiting room.

___________________________

This is such a short chapter!!! I'm sorry!!! I was so close to crying while I wrote this chapter! I hate that I killed Johnny off but I have an idea for thisssss! Anyways thanks so so so much for voting and commenting and reading!! It's amazing!! I love y'all so much thanks again!!!!

Avery