The Fire and home

Bunny's POV

Being honest, I don't know what I was thinking, or if I was thinking, but I jumped out of the car and sprinted the the Church.

"What's happened?" I asked the first man I saw, he was a big fat guy, "We don't know the Church just went into flames!" He said and I nodded my mind going to the cigarette I had before falling asleep.

"Jerry there's still kids inside!" A woman ran over sobbing. Adrenaline kicked in and I ran inside screaming, "Anybody in here?!" I listened for a response I heard a few kids yell from a back corner, relief flooded though my body, they weren't dead yet.

I found a big rock and slammed it through a boarded window. I saw Johnny running know and Dally standing outside.

"Dally take these kids man!" Johnny screamed as we started picking kids up and placing them through the window. I went to grab a little girl only for her to bite me, "Hey you little shit! I'm trying to help you!" I yelled at her she snickered, and I grabbed her under the arms and roughly shoved her through.

"Is that all?!" I yelled at Johnny, he went to respond but started coughing instead, "I think we got them!" His raspy voice called out.

"Would you two get out!" Dally screamed, he was obviously pissed off. I started to he cracks and looked up at the roof. Timber started to fall right above Johnny. I arm allowing the timber to hit my already injured leg. I screamed in pain and Johnny yelled for help. I didn't notice noticed how timber had hit his leg too.

"Johnny, shut up! Oxygen!" I screamed, my mind was so scrambled I couldn't form proper sentences.

My vision started to go dark as I felt myself getting yanked through the window. "Johnny." I muttered before blacking out.

I didn't know how long i was out before prying open my eyes. With blurry vision I looked to see a bunch of paramedics. That's when everything slowly came back.

"Johnny, Dally?!" I gasped sitting up, a hand softly pushed me back down, "Whoa, you need to lay down." The big fat man from the church said. "Who are you? And where's Johnny and Dally?" I asked again frustrated, "I'm Jerry, and I don't know who is who, Johnny and Dally." He said.

"Johnny got brown hair, tan skin, and brown eyes. Dally got blonde hair, and blue eyes." I said and he nodded, "Johnny is a little broke, hurt his legs and Dally? Dally is okay too, just has burns on his arm from trying to get you and Johnny out."

"Dally tried to get us out?" I asked, Jerry nodded then laughed, "That was real brave what you kids did. What are you professional heroes?" He asked, I just shook my head, "Greasers we're greasers," I said, professional heroes? Hah. He looked at me stunned, "Really?" He asked I nodded. "When we get into town you'll find out pretty damn fast." I said closing my eyes.

Once we got into the hospital they checked me over making sure everything everything was okay.

"Well Bunny you'll need to stay off your leg for a few days to let the burn heal," Doctor James said he gave me a look knowing that I wouldn't abide to those rules.

After Doctor James released me I and sat in the waiting room Jerry beside me. I pulled out a cig, pausing to watch as they wheeled Johnny by me. His eyes wear closed and had a oxygen mask over his nose and mouth.

Dally was soon after Johnny, "Bunny, if you ever pull a stunt like that again I'll kill you." He said glaring at me, I nodded knowing he probably would. I lit the cig in my hand and took a long drag.

"You shouldn't be smoking." Jerry said his voice filling the silence. I looked at him confused, "What ya' mean? Your smokin'." I said he nodded. "Well your what sixteen? seventeen?" He asked.