The Run Aways

Johnny's POV

After Soda ran downstairs saying Bunny was gone I made the quick decision and began looking for her.

I wandered around for thirty minutes finding her walking to the Soc side, I narrowed my eyes "Bunny you crazy?!" I yelled running towards her, she jumped looking back at me, "What are you doing?" She hissed.

"Saving you from a mistake." I glared at her and shoved her down onto the bench we were beside. I sat down next to her and she laid her head on my shoulder.

"I'm sorry, Johnny,  I know fighting won't help but I can't help it. They're going to far, they've got Kelly pregnant and almost Ashley." She said and I nodded adding in, "I know, but fightin' them ain't gonna do good." I said and she sighed softly.

A blue mustang pulled up, four or five socs filing out, "Well look here two greasers, perfect timing." Bob smirked, Bunny stood up her eyes narrowed. I stood up beside her hooking my thumbs in my pockets.

"What ya' want Soc?" She asked, "Well since you asked, I want you," He said smirking, Bunny shook her head," I'd never go out with a piece of shit sorry." She laughed and his smirk faded a little.

"Oh you are gonna regret that." He snarled and threw a punch across her jaw. She started fighting back, and I stood in shock. Randy grabbed me and threw me me down. He kicked me in the gut multiple times, then walked off. I laid on the ground struggling to catch my breath. I stood up and saw Bunny, I couldn't make out what she did, but Bob fell the rest of them running.

She sat against a tree her chest rising and falling quickly," Johnny I killed em' I killed Bob!" She said, her body starting to shake. "Dally, we need to find Dally," I said.

Bunny nodded wiping the blade on the grass cleaning it. After, we quickly got up and ran to Bucks.

"Wait Johnny hide I see the truck." She said pushing me into an alley. The truck passed and all I saw was Sodas head stuck out the window.

"Johnny, I'm scared," She whimpered, I pulled her into my chest. "It'll be okay, we're getting help from Dally, it'll all be okay," I said attempting to sooth her. We ran to Bucks and knocked in the door.

Dally pulled open the door then looked at us in surprise, "What are you two doin her. Dammit Bunny what'd you do?!" He snapped, she was shivering and that's when I realised she was soaked, "I killed a soc," she whispered looking down, his eyes went wide, "C'mon." He said and pulled us upstairs to his room.

He threw a towel to Bunny. "Dry your hair, you'll get pneumonia before the cops get you." He grumbled and walking back out. I paced biting my nails. "Here put this on." He said throwing a red flannel shirt an his black leather jacket her way. She was completely silent as she changed, not that I thought she'd be talking.

"Here's fifty dollars, thats all i could snag, now, hop the three fifteen freight to Windrexville. There's an old church on Jay Mountain, stay there. There's a pump in the back so don't worry about water, but got to town and but all the food and things you'll need." He paused eyes scanning our faces, "I never thought I'd get caught up in a middle of a murder wrap." He shook his head.

Bunny and I thanked Dal for the money and everything before we left. We jumped onto the train and hid until the train started moving.

"You go to sleep I'll wake you up when we get there." I say, Bunny only nods and lays her head in my lap. She closes her eyes quickly falling asleep.

~

"Bunny lets go!" I say grabbing her arm, pulling her off the train with me, "Where's Jay Mt?" Bunny asked looking around, I only shrugged, "Walk around and find someone, I think there's a tractor over there," I say pointing over the general direction.