The brace is off

Two weeks later Bunny's POV February 18

"Guys hurry up we gotta get to the hospital!" I yelled standing by the door. As soon as I yelled that Darry, Soda, and Pony ran in. "Bout time!" I huffed. They shrugged and we got into the pickup. It took only a few minutes to got to the hospital. We walked in and Darry quickly signed me in. We sat around. "Bunny Curtis." A nurse said we stood up and followed her. She showed us to a room and said. "The doctor will be with you in a minute." I nodded and drummed my fingers on my leg.

"Hello Curtis'." The doctor said smilling. "Doctor James." Darry said shaking his hand. I waved to nervous to say anything. "Lets get you x-rayed and then we'll see where it goes from there." He said leading us into a room. "Okay lay right here and take off the brace. This will take the picture of the your leg to see if its healed or not." Doctor James said. I nodded confused but not asking questions.

The x-ray started up making a humming sound. It went over my knee, then paused and flashed. Doctor James studied the picture his eyes went wide. "Well Bunny it seems your knee has healed, quite nicely. There will be times with swelling, so keep the crutches, but other than that you should be okay."" He said smiling.

A smile took up my face, "Does that mean I walk now?" I asked, Doctor nodded and Soda helped me up. I put slightest pressure on my leg, and when I didn't feel the usual pain, I took step. "It doesn't hurt, I can walk!" I couldn't take the smile off my face.

"You can leave just let me talk to Darry." Doctor J said I just nodded and ran outside, "I CAN RUN!" I screamed so loud all of Tulsa could hear. Soda and Pony laughed watching me run around. Once Darry came outside I was forced in the truck.

"What did the doctor say?" Soda asked, Darry looked slightly worried but shook his head. "So can I play spots again?" I leaned forward to see Darry's expression, he let out a sigh but nodded. "He said yes but just take it easy."

My mind started wandering as I sat back in my seat. What did Doctor James tell him? Was it serious? Well that's dumb, it probably was.

We pulled up to the house and as soon as Darry put the truck in park I was jumping out. I practically ran inside the house looking for anyone to tell. Kelly laid on the couch her eyes closed. If she wasn't pregnant I'd sit on her but obviously, I can't do that.

"Kelly!" I screamed standing right next to the couch, this would work better than jumping on her, she jolted awake, "What?! Is someone hurt? Who needs first aid?" She questioned sitting up on the couch clearly alarmed.

"I can walk again! Can you believe this! LOOK!" I motioned to my leg, bending my knee I grinned widely.

"Fantastic, can i go back to sleep?" She asked clearly unamused, I laughed and nodded. She grumbled curse words under her breath as she attempted to get comfortable.

Two-But emerged from the kitchen, he only smiled at me. I smiled back then walked up stairs, grabbed my Elvis record, and turned on my record played. Turning the volume all the up I began dancing around my room.

"Bunny turn it down!" Darry screamed I laughed and turned the music down. I laid down and closed my eyes. I smiled I'd be able to play sports again this, this is amazing.

Feeling drowsy I let myself fall into a deep sleep.

Darry's POV

Bunny turned down her music and I sighed.

"What's wrong Darry?" Pony asked. "The doctor said Bunny can play sports, but there's a 60 percent chance her knee will give out again," I said, Soda shook his head, "This shouldn't be happening, not to Bunny, she doesn't deserve it.." He practically growled.