Drive in

Bunny

"Bunny! Time to get up!" Darry yelled from the kitchen. I groaned and buried myself deeper into my blankets. My abdomen was sore and I didn't want to move, everything in my body argued against it.

"Bunny! Time to get a move on!" Soda banged in my door. I groaned even louder but managed to drag myself out of my bed and to my closet.

I pulled out my jeans, a red crew neck sweatshirt, clean undergarments and socks. I shuffled around and drug my feet all the way to the bathroom.

I took the quickest shower I could to not break the scab building on my cut. I gently dried myself off and rewrapped the injury. Swiftly tossing on all my clothes I made my way out of the bathroom.

"Morning y'all," I said making my way through the house.

This morning my brothers were the only ones there, but any minute now Steve would show up so Darry could give him and Soda a ride to work.

Pony sat at the table eating his eggs while Soda ran around looking for his clothes.

I laid down on the couch and pulled out the pack of cigarettes and lighter I had hidden from Ponyboy, who almost smoked more than I did.

I lit up and inhaled the smoke into my lungs. It didn't burn my throat like it used to, it relaxed my nerves and I took an even longer drag, letting my eyes slip shut.

"Bunny, you better not be smokin' in the house!" Darry yelled out.

"I ain't!" I yelled out even if it was an obvious lie. Darry would get on to me, but he'd forget in a few minutes.

The day went by fast, well fast for not doing anything anyways. I smoked the majority of my pack by the time Johnny came by and we headed to meet Dally to go to the drive in.

"Hey guys, we still got awhile till the movie starts," Dal said when we found him leaving against a light pole, smoking away his worries.

"Well what do we wanna do?" Johnny asked. Johnny was the real quiet type, and sometimes I forgot what his voice sounded like. It was horrible to say, but there were times it shocked me to the core when I heard him talk.

"Nothing legal, man," Dally smirked and we started on around town until the sun would set.

We walked by some store and then on to the Dingo, a diner on our side of town. We talked to a few other greasers and left when a fight broke out.

Pony, Soda and I had to be real careful around cops. If any of us got busted we'd spilt up quicker than light.

When we got to the drive in, we crawled under the fence and the seats in front of the concession stand. We could've paid to get in to the movie, we all had enough, but it was more adrenaline pumping to sneak in.

I sat in between Pony and Johnny, making myself comfy in the hard, cold seats.

I didn't really dig movies like Pony, especially the one that was on tonight. I really wasn't even sure why I had come along. That happened often, getting drug along with my brothers.

"I came here to watch a movie and I'm gonna watch the movie!" A red head exclaimed sitting in front of us. I could tell just by the way she carried herself that she was a soc. Her friend sat beside her talking nervously.

I rolled my eyes and stood, "I'm goin to get a soda." I barley noticed Johnny had joined me until we were standing in line.

*Ponyboy

Bunny stood and rushed off; she hated socs just as much as they hated her.

Dallas soon started hitting on the red head or as I knew her Cherry Valence. She was the prettiest girl I'd ever seen, even for a soc.