Pony's jumped

Friday's were typically pretty normal in the Curtis residence. No one had to work so everyone just hung about in the living room.

Two-Bit Matthews sat in front of the TV stand watching his dearly loved Mickey Mouse. Sodapop Curtis and Steve Randle day at the kitchen table playing poker and both cheating their way through. Johnny Cade sat on one side of the couch quietly, observing his surroundings. Dallas Winston sat at the table with Soda and Steve bad mouthing the cops and his ex Sylvia. Bunny Curtis rummaged around in the kitchen trying to find anything she could snack on.

"Anyone hear that hollering?" Darrel, Darry, the final person in the house questioned. He stood by the open door and peeked his head out.

The members of the gang all stood slowly and made their way to the porch, filing out one by one.

"Shit! I bet it's Pony! He was at the movies!" Bunny dropped the piece of bread in her hand and shoved through the boys, making her way to the fence.

It didn't take but five seconds for everyone to realize what was happening. They sprinted down the two blocks coming to an alley way a blue mustang was parked by.

"Darry! Soda! Anyone!" The youngest member of the gang screamed in fear.

"Shut him up damnit!" The main Soc yelled stuffing a handkerchief in the young boys mouth.

Anger surged through Bunny's body and she took lead in tackling the first Soc she could. She punched and kicked in any way she could once she had him in the ground.

The rest of the gang followed suit, throwing rocks, punches, and kicks until the rich kids were loading up in their fancy car.

Bunny and the Soc battled it out on the ground. The dark headed boy still had a blade in his hand, and used it to his advantage. Swiftly, he caught Bunny's abdomen and she backed off just enough for him to escape to the fancy car.

Bunny shakily stood up, her heart pounding in her chest, the girl had been in tons of fights before, but never had she been cut by a blade. She applied pressure and walked over to her brothers. Trying her hardest to remain calm.

"Movies and books, movies and books, that's all your ever thinking about, Ponyboy! I wish you would use your head for just a little more. You must think sometimes with all those good grades you pull in..." Darry lectured on and on to his brother and didn't give him a break until Soda broke it off.

"Cut him a break, Darry. It ain't his fault he likes movies and it ain't his fault Socs like to jump us!" Soda stepped in between the two.

"Yeah, Darry. Come on." Bunny kept her hand pressed against her stomach and Darry rolled his eyes angrily.

"When I want my kid brother and kid sister to tell me what to do with my other kid brother, I'll ask alright? Kid brother and kid sister." Darry huffed and stomped inside to the house.

"Man, why's he always gotta he like that?" Pony asked looking at his other two siblings.

Soda brushed a piece of his wheat gold hair back and smiled softly at his baby brother, "He's just got a lot to worry about now."

"What're you doing out of the cooler, Dal?" Pony asked the boy walking up.

Steve didn't let Dally answer before you he cut into Pony, "And what're you doing walking by your lonesome?"

"None of your business!" Pony defended himself.

"It is my business, look at me nose!" Steve yelled showing the blood on his hand from his nose.

"Yeah it's huge!" Bunny laughed as Soda pushed back his best friend.

Bunny felt a little shaky, but she wasn't about to admit it. No one had noticed yet with their adrenaline still pumping and she wished to keep it that way.

The guys talked amongst themselves and Bunny listened for the most part before deciding she should leave and take care of her wound.

"I'm goin to the movies tomorrow night y'all wanna go with me?" Dallas asked.

"Steve and I are goin somewhere with Sandy and Evie," Soda said.

"Yeah, no kids allowed." Steve looked straight at Ponyboy who only rolled his eyes.

"Pone and I'll go with you, Dal." Johnny spoke for the the two boys.

"Bunny will probably come too," Pony spoke for his sister that had disappeared inside.

"Alright sweet. See you guys then."

The gang had all gone their own ways and would see each other the next day.

Soda massaged Darry's back while Pony sat in his room working on schoolwork.

Bunny stood in the bathroom cleaning the five inch cut above her belly button. It wasn't too deep so she wasn't worried about it needing stitches, but it did hurt like a bitch.

Bunny wasn't going to let anyone on in on the little secret she had and no one in the gang knew what was about to come.