I'm Back

I'm Back

You sat in the chair you had been dropped off by years ago. It had been such a long time since you'd seen him, and you were sure he'd come back. He had to, right? Peter was your best friend. He rescued you from the Ravanger's clutches and dropped you off on a safer planet, and promised he'd come back for you once he escaped himself. Well, that was about 3 years ago, and you had created a small but stable life on Xandar.

You and Peter were both earthen people, surrounded by a world- no, universe that you didn't quite understand yet. All these aliens and other inhabitable planets, the technology, the languages; it all blew you and your small mind away.

But now here you are, ignoring all the amazing technology stuff going on around you, looking to the sky to hopefully find a ship coming towards you. It was a long shot, but you were willing to take it.

You brought your head down to look at your hands. It had been about two months since you last heard from him. It was good to hear from him, but it also hurt a bit when he said you had to wait just a bit longer. Yeah. It stung.

As you looked to the sky once more, you saw a long, black ship coming towards the planet surface. "Ronan," you whispered to yourself. Other people around you also noticed the strange thing going on, and were talking to each other about it.

"What's that?"

"Is that an important political figure? It would make sense because of the size of that thing."

"It looked evil!"

Finally, an announcement went out saying for everyone to leave the area, as it was in fact Ronan's ship coming down to get rid of Xandarians. Once and for all. You freaked out, and followed screaming crowds of not-so-calm people to safe houses. Then, you have no clue how, but you got swept into a different crowd, going to a different place entirely. It seemed they were going back to the area where Ronan's ship was going to land.

"What are you guys doing? We have to hurry inside!" you yelled. But, alas, nobody listened to your reasonable cries, and the crowd was so packed that you were unable to get out of it.

The next ten-ish minutes when by in a blur of pods coming down to blast evil Kree coming down, the Nova Corps ships attempting to stop Ronan's ship from landing on the surface, ships chasing each other around, and suddenly the Nova Corps couldn't hold any longer. The people below, including you, watched in horror as the Nova ship's blockade was destroyed and Ronan's ship came down.

"Oh my stars," you whispered, your right hand gravitating towards your mouth, covering it in shock. Your left arm wrapped itself around your stomach, and you were there in a pose that actually made you feel somewhat safe. Back from the nights where you'd lay in bed like that, making sure nothing could hurt you.

"Look!" a woman shrieked. You looked at the woman who screamed and saw her pointing, then decided to see what she was pointing at. You caught it just in time; a smaller ship crashed into the main part of the big, black monstrosity. It lost power, and fell hard for the face of Xandar.

"Take cover!" you screamed at the top of your lungs, as loud as you body would let you, before jumping behind some previous ruble and trying your best to cover your head.

The ship hit the ground hard. A giant cloud of dust rose and covered the area, infesting lungs and eyes. You eyes burned but you held onto the ruble in hopes you were in a good enough spot not to get crushed by flying debris. It took a while, but finally the dust settled.

You stood up slowly and saw a group of people laying on the ground. There was a furry animal holding onto sticks, there was a big man who was red and green maybe? You also saw a woman who was a gorgeous shade of green tbh, and that's when you saw him. You nearly screamed out his name too, but then another figure appeared out of the shadows. Ronan.