Not So Ideal Situations

After the Battle of New York, Thor brought Loki back with him to Asgard to figure out his punishment for the damage he had caused. The Avengers expected imprisonment, because Thor would never let execution be the answer.

However, the did not expect nor want the punishment given.

"Thor, you're great pal, I refuse to have that maniac in my tower. In the city he practically destroyed while trying to take over. Are you insane?" Tony argued.

Everyone nodded in agreement, but Thor was desperate. "Look, I understand this is not an ideal choice, but it's the best for Loki! It's either this or a small cell for eternity. I have faith Loki can change, and it won't happen in a prison," Thor basically begged.

You were off to the side, watching it all go down. By no means did you want Loki in this tower. You two had a small scuffle that added a new, large scar to your side. That scepter was your new greatest enemy. Well, and the "god" who carried it.

But you also loved Thor. He hadn't been around you guys for long, but he was a lot kinder than he may appear to be. After your injury was discovered, he apologized profusely to a point where it sounded like he had done it.

The love he had for his younger brother was easy to spot, so that's why you didn't want to enter this argument. If Loki ended up here, you'd make sure to stay very, very far away from him.

Even as the others tried to bring you in, you just stood off to the side, you noticed the look of appreciation on Thor's face. While you may not be vocally helping him out, you weren't vocally shutting him down.

Finally, after what felt like hours (and very well could have been), the team finally agreed with Thor. Conditions were made, of course.

Loki would have to be with an Avenger or SHIELD agent at all times. Only exception was when he was in his room. A guard would be outside.

He would have to wear power-dampening cuffs the entirety of his stay. They would made in such a way that only one person, Tony Stark himself, could remove them.

During any missions that might require all the Avengers, Loki must either stay in his room or be transported to a cell. He got to pick.

You noticed how Thor was happy to have "won" in a way, but it also hurt him that his bother would still be a prisoner here.

But like you said. You'd be staying far, far away.

The day Loki arrived you were absent, as well as Bruce. He didn't think he could handle being there without turning into the other guy. You just didn't want to see him.

His room was located on the floor right below yours, so that was helpful in your mission to avoid him. A while after he arrived, maybe a week, Thor came up to you and thanked you for indirectly helping him.

"I understand what he did to you was awful, and I am forever sorry that he did, so it truly means everything to me that you did not... pile on to the arguments," Thor said.

You smiled at him. "Of course. I may not like him, but I see you love him a lot, so I knew this meant a lot to you," you said, and Thor smiled back at you.

A few more weeks went by. Loki started going about the tower a bit more, venturing further than his room and the library. Thor was almost always with him, per the rules, and it was obvious to see Loki detested it.

But, he wasn't seething as much as he was when he first got here, so that was an improvement.

You wouldn't know much though, because your mission had been very successful so far. Any time Loki would be coming to a room you were in, JARVIS alerted you. Tony was nice enough to set that up in an earpiece you wore.