An Avengers Movie Night

"Hey, so what do we wanna do tonight?" Clint asked the group of Avengers sitting in the common area.

Everyone mumbled something, all along the lines of "I don't know." It was a rare occasion when everyone was in the tower without any missions needing to be done or meetings needing attending.

And because they were so rare, no one ever knew what to do. You all liked each other, you just didn't know how to be casual with each other sometimes.

It was Peter who spoke up. "Movie night?" he suggested.

Multiple people nodded throughout the room. Then Steve said, "Yeah, I have quite a few to catch up on."

Now this got people interested. Tony had the first idea. "What about The Sound of Music?"

Natasha shook her head right away. "Singing Nazis aren't going to be Steve's favorite?" The Captain balked at the description, and took his notebook out to write it down. Might be a thing he experiences alone. "How about The Notebook?"

"Ew! No, that's too sappy," Clint said. "I vote The Hunger Games."

Bruce shook his head. "No, he has to read the books first otherwise it'll all just be wrong. How about Scream? That's a good one."

Something struck you in that moment. "Oh my god," you said, sitting up quickly. It caused everyone to look over at you in your state of shock. "He's never seen Star Wars."

The room froze. "Holy shit, he doesn't know!" Tony called out. "You and Point Break are probably the only two people on the planet to not know!"

"Careful, Tony, Bruce doesn't like spoilers..." Nat warned, nodding her head to Bruce who's too green eyes were glaring holes into the side of Tony's head.

You tilted your head to the side and looked at Bucky. "Wait, Bucky, what about you?" you asked the super soldier across from you.

He shrugged. "Wanda and the spider child had me watch it one night when it was just the three of us. Don't worry, I haven't told him anything."

Steve stood up. "Then it's settled. Let's watch this Star Wars," he said.

You stood as well, shaking your head. "No, no, no, it's not that simple. There are many movies we have to watch. This is a marathon moment. Everyone! Get your snacks and your drinks. Use the bathroom while you can. Because once that movie starts, no one is getting up until the credits roll. And even then I'm only giving you five minutes."

The plan was in action. In fifteen minutes, everyone had a decent sized bucket of popcorn, small bowls of their favorite candies, a drink and a blanket. Marathons were your shit. You made sure everyone was ready to be snuggled in their spots for hours.

The tower had a giant home theater in it, thanks to Tony and his seemingly "unnecessary" additions to the blueprints. It was able to house all of you comfortably so everyone could see and have their own couch of chair.

You and Steve took a loveseat at the front of the arrangement. He needed the full experience.

"Only people allowed to sleep are those who've seen the movies! So, Steve, Thor, you better keep those eyes open!" you said.

Thor was only just getting into what movies were. It was pretty easy to explain to him since Asgard did have plays. It was just a matter of explaining how it was a play someone recorded and put on a screen (no, Thor, the people aren't in the box).

"This must be pretty serious," Steve muttered to you as you sat with the remote in hand.

You nodded your head. "Oh, you'll see." With a well-aimed press of a button, the movie began. The sudden music scared Steve a bit, but then he recovered and carefully read the scrolling text.

The first movie went off perfectly. Steve had you under his arm the whole time and you felt him getting into the plot. It made you smile.

When the first movie was over, there was a very quick bathroom intermission. It was nice, having several hundred bathrooms available in the tower, they were just at varying places that weren't so close to the theater room.

Then everyone sat for the second movie. The big reveal. You could feel the energy buzzing around the room as everyone waited for the reactions. In your head as the moment got closer, you recalled when you first watched the movie with your grandparents a couple decades ago.

"No, I am your father." The infamous line boomed through the speakers and you heard Steve gasp next to you. Thor let out a reaction of his own a couple seats down and you had to hold in your laugh so the movie could continue being enjoyed.

"Oh my god," Steve whispered as the credits rolled. "Was that the thing?" He looked over at you, taking advantage of the credits/bathroom/snack refill break.

You nodded. "It was huge when the movie first came out. My grandpa used to tell me all about how the theater was so loud from people gasping and reacting."

"Sounds nice," Steve said, squeezing you in the side hug.

When everyone came back, the third movie started. When Leia came on the screen in that outfit, Steve leaned over to you. "In the most respectful way possible-"

"Don't worry, I'm not surprised. I'll find one."

"I love you."

"I know."

The movie kept on and when it was done, no one moved for a second.

"So... next one?" Tony asked. "It's only... one in the morning. We can do it."

Everyone else groaned and shook their heads. "No, no, we'll do those after some sleep. The next big thing isn't for a couple days so we have time to get through that trilogy and then the next and the stand alone."

"Jeez, how many of these things are there?" Steve asked.

"Oh, I haven't even mentioned the multiple TV series they made."

~Fin~

A/n: Early post cause I'm busy at noon!

I didn't want to get into them watching the prequels because I haven't seen them and didn't want to binge them for an imagine. So there we go. I got this idea from a Tumblr post I had saved to my phone back in March 2020 and never did anything with, so yay! Inspiration everywhere!

Hope you guys liked it! Please vote and comment your thoughts, and don't hesitate to DM me with a request if you'd like!

Bye Lovelies!!!!!!!!!!!!