Scary

Gn!Reader- please let me know if I need to adjust anything!

For the last three days, you had been sorting out everything in your room, figuring out what to take with you to college and what gets to stay home, and packing it all up as small as you could to avoid using three million bags.

It was your very first year at college, and you were humming with excitement. You had started looking into colleges when you started your junior year, going and touring a few with your parents over fall break, winter break, and spring break.

By the time it was summer, you had a pretty decent idea of what schools you wanted to apply to, and what schools you really wanted to get into.

You wouldn't be a Stark if you didn't go for MIT. Your dad was rather excited about that one, even though he did is very best not to try and pressure you into it. He did his best, and did a pretty good job, but you fell in love with the school and wanted to go for it.

There were a coupe others, Harvard and Yale, as well as a few smaller school up and down the east coast. But most of all, you were hyped for MIT. Being a legacy felt really cool, and you already anticipated nepotism jokes.

Once you got to show your skills, however, you knew those jokes would go away.

"All right kid, how's it going in here?" You looked over and saw your dad standing in the doorway, looking around at the organized mess you had going. "I'm hoping you'll give me a better answer than what I see."

You laughed, setting the clothes you were in the middle of folding down. "Yes, I promise. It's called 'organized chaos'. I'm a big fan of it." You pointed out a few different piles to him, making sure he saw the boxes next to them that it was all going in.

"Looks like you've got this thing down," he commented, coming in the room and pulling you into his side.

You smiled and scrunched your nose. "Thanks, dad. Just let me know if you need anything, I wanna get everything done so I'm not scrambling at the last minute."

The two of you parted and your dad gave you a funny look. "You know, the chaos method? Definitely comes from me. This part of you that wants to be done ASAP? Definitely your mom."

"What about me?" The two of you turned back to the doorway and saw your mom, Pepper Potts, stopping by. She took a good look around your room and shook her head. "You get this from your father."

You and your dad shared a small look, but didn't say anything more. "I'm getting packed up, I promise. I just need people to stop interrupting my flow," you complained, gently shoving them out of your room.

"We can help!"

"Yeah, I'm sure we can figure out your system!"

You shook your head and gently nudged them out into the hallway. "Seriously, guys, I'm fine!" Once they were out, you smiled and started closing the door. "Have FRIDAY tell me whenever dinner's happening!"

The door shut, and you let out a breath. Now it was time to finish packing. You had your system, and you knew things only worked in your system when you were the one working it. Your parents, god you loved them, had their own systems they'd try to implement and it would drive you mad in the long run.

This was for all your sakes.

You went back to where you were, folding up some pants to put in a box. TikTok had become your best friend as you looked to try and figure out how to fold clothes in the smallest way possible to make room for all of it.

This method for pants had worked the best, so that's what you'd been doing for about an hour. They were all fitting, and when that box was done, you moved on to t-shirts. You moved the pants box to the "complete" pile and moved the pants box to your bed. Then, the giant stack of t-shirts were thrown down beside it.