15: The First Phase! A Difficult Test!

Sakura felt the hairs on her neck rise from the sudden feeling of his breath on her cheek, furrowing her brows, she glared and pushed him back, "Mind your own business, have you heard of personal space?" Before she continued lecturing him, she noticed that he was already looking away from her and focusing on the instructor. Letting out a small sigh, she resigned to doing the same. Sakura knew that light scolding was no use anyway from what she knew about Sasuke, he was going to try a lot harder to find out. Everyone's attention was directed at the exam proctor at the front of the classroom when he cleared his throat and finally spoke.

"Genin of Konohagakure and ninja from other villages, welcome to the 1st phase of the Chunin Exams. In this particular phase, we will be taking a test. As you can see, my assistants are handing out the tests to you while I speak," he crossed his arms, pacing around the front of the classroom and then clearing his throat, "and let me lay out the rules. That is NO CHEATING! Do you hear me? If any of my assistants or I catch you cheating we will have you kicked out, your team will completely flunk the exams, and you will have to try again next year. Remember, all of the members in a team who successfully pass the test will be able to move onto the next phase." The instructor walked back to the front desk and slammed his hands onto it, looking around the room with a smirk plastered on his face.

The assistants handing out the papers had passed them to everyone in a flash, heading to their sides of the classroom to act as surveillance. Sakura rested her chin on her palm and gauged everyone's reactions. The student sitting in front of her gulped as they skimmed through the test and beads of sweat started to run down their face, it seemed like it was going to be a difficult one. Looking down in front of her, she took the paper into her hand and read the first question.

It's been quite a while since I've done this test, but it definitely isn't suited for the genin level. Hell, it's jonin level, nobody should know the answers to these unless they had extra lessons and tutoring, or plus advanced classes for prodigal students. I pity the students trying to figure these out...

Sakura peered over the top of the page to a group of students a couple of rows down. Ino, Shikamaru, and Choji. Ino was struggling to communicate with the two boys, from what it seemed like she was trying to wake up Shikamaru who had dozed off and Choji wasn't paying attention as he was occupied with his bag of potato chips. The instructor walked over to the snacking boy and snatched the bag out of his hands, making Choji shed a couple of tears over his lost snack. Sakura chuckled to herself and grabbed a pencil from the cup that an assistant held out to her.

"ATTENTION PLEASE." All heads turned as the proctor cleared his throat again. "We will be switching the seating around with team members because we believe that will greatly reduce cheating. NOW SWITCH SEATS!" He boomed, an intimidating glare cast from his expression, making Naruto gulp and shudder in his seat. Standing up from his seat beside Sakura, he took his test and ran off somewhere to the front rows. Sasuke rose and walked into the row in front of Sakura to sit down, his eyebrows were slightly furrowed and his mouth was in a firm line. He looked... puzzled. Sakura remained in her seat, watching as random Genin sat around her. Noticing something in the corner of her vision, she narrowed her eyes when she saw Ino creep into the seat behind her.

That Ino is going to use her mind control thing again, isn't she? Heh, luckily I'm prepared for that.

Most people settled down in their new seats and the noise of chattering began to fade, the proctor walked about and waited for the assistants to get back to the front of the room with him before speaking, "Students, flip your papers over," The genin tensed as they flipped over the test, their hand still hovering over the sheet so they could flip it back as fast as possible. "Ready," Sakura clicked her tongue, twirling her pencil in the air and then catching it, instantly taking it into a position to write, "Set," a long pause washed over the room, ".... GO!" As the proctor signaled for the test to begin, dozens of papers were flipped over and pencils started tapping against their surfaces.