Chapter 2

I woke up to a bunch of laughter and talking. I rubbed my eyes and stretched, getting out of bed. I threw my hair into a messy bun and stepped out of my room, following the noise to Pony and Sodas room. I peeked in the door and I saw Two-Bit and Dallas sitting with Ponyboy and Sodapop, laughing and talking. I knocked, stepping in.

"Oh hey Autumn!" Ponyboy greeted me.

"Hey." I smiled.

"Hey kid, your stomach sore?" Two-Bit questioned. I groaned and nodded.

"What from?" Ponyboy looked confused.

"From this." Two-Bit said. He and Soda got up, smirking, and I backed up into the wall. They attacked me, tickling my whole body. I yelped and shrieked with laughter as I curled up on the floor.

"S-somebody helpppp." I managed to get out, laughing.

"Oh I'll help." Dallas said, getting up. He came over and reached his hand out to help me up, but right as I reached for it, he pulled it away and started tickling me also. I screamed, giggling crazily.

"I....hate...you guys.." I said in between breaths. I finally got up and ran to Ponyboy, hiding behind him. He chuckled as the boys finally sat down. I sat down on Ponys bed and glared at him playfully.

"You had to ask?" I exclaimed. He smiled and shrugged, sheepishly.

"Sorry." He told me. I laughed and pushed his shoulder.

"So what're y'all doin today?" I asked them.

"Well your mom said Steve and Johnny could come here also, but since she will be at work, and Jack will be at a friends, Finn will be in charge. We were thinkin of goin swimming. Wanna join us?" Soda explained. I shrugged and nodded.

"Sure." I replied. They changed into their suits, and I went to my room and changed into mine. There was a knock on the front door and I went to get it. Steve was standing there, Johnny right behind him. Steve greeted me and then smirked at something behind me. I turned around to see Dally, Two-Bit, and Soda with big grins on their faces. I eyed them cautiously as Steve and Johnny entered.

"Get er!" Steve yelled. My eyes widened as all five boys surrounded me.

"Aw c'mon guys." I pleaded. They just smirked. They each came closer as Soda, Dally, and Steve pounced on me and Soda and Steve grabbed my arms and Dally grabbed my legs. They carried me out to our pool, kicking and screaming playfully. They carried me to the edge of the deep end which was over twelve feet. My eyes widened. I wasn't a very good swimmer. They swung me back and forth, counting down.

"2...1!!" They shouted, throwing me in. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Ponyboy exiting the house. His eyes widened when he saw me. He was the only one who knew i wasn't good at swimming. I screamed and plunged into the water. My body kept sinking down, until a strong pair of arms wrapped around me and lifted me up to the surface. I took a large breath once my head was out of the water. I turned to see my hero was Ponyboy. I smiled as he held onto my waist, keeping me above water. He smiled back at me. My eyes couldn't help but drift down to his abs, his nicely toned abs.

SPLASH! The gang all jumped in, getting water everywhere. We all went to where the water was up to our shoulders.

"Chicken fight!" Two-Bit yelled. I got on Dallys shoulders, Ponyboy got on Two-Bits, Soda got on Steve's, and Johnny didn't want to play. Dally swam/ran over to Ponyboy and Two-Bit, and Pony and I started pushing each other, laughing. Soda came up behind me and pulled me backwards, making me scream, but dally caught my legs, keeping me on. Soda and Steve, and Ponyboy and Two-Bit advanced towards Dally and I.

"Run!!" I yelled and Dally started running around the pool. I caught soda by surprise and pulled him off of Steve, so now it was me and Ponyboy left, with Two-Bit and Dally. Pony and I were each attacking each other and Two-Bit and Dally were fighting. Dally let go of my legs so that he could try to push them over. Ponyboy took advantage of that and pushed me over. I tried to catch myself, but I failed and went crashing towards the water. I resurfaced, laughing. Dally grabbed me and slung me over his shoulder.

"No! Put me downnnn!" I yelled, laughing and pounding on his back. He chuckled.

"This is what you get for making us lose!" He retorted. I giggled as he ran around.

"Pony! Help me!" I called as we passed him. He came over and dally pushed him back playfully. I laughed as I bounced with every step. He finally threw me down and smirked.

"Let's play Marco Polo!" Steve suggested excitedly.

"Ight..... Autumn! You're it." Two-Bit told me. I fake pouted and turned around to count. After a long game, I got out to tan. They all stayed in, horsing around. I was finally dry after about twenty minutes. The boys got out and Dally eyed me.

"Aye boys. Look who dried off." Dallas announced, smirking and turning their attention to me.

"Oh no... No no no no. You are NOT getting me wet again." I said, standing and backing away.

"Says who?" Dally smirked, stepping closer.

"Me." I said, turning to run. They chased me through my backyard and I felt arms wrap around my waist. I was pulled into a big hug and I could tell it was Ponyboy. I was actually alright with Pony hugging me. Even though he was wet, he was warm. I think I might actually have feelings for him. Soda joined in on the hug from behind me, then the rest of the boys. I laughed. We all pulled apart and I was soaked.

"I hate you Dallas Winston." I told him, glaring at him. He chuckled.

"You love me." He said, shaking his wet hair on me. I flinched, laughing.

"Hey everybody there's food inside!" Finn called out from the door. They all cheered and ran inside, soaking the floor. I gathered up all the towels and followed them. I slid across the wet floor and almost fell, when Finn caught me.

"Woah you okay there?" He chuckled. I smiled and thanked him, noticing that I would've crashed into the china cabinet if Finn hadn't come out of the kitchen. I went into the kitchen and made a plate of mashed potatoes and chicken, along with the rest of the boys.

"So what da you guys wanna do tomorrow?" Two-Bit asked.

"Movies?" Johnny suggested. They all nodded while shoving food in their mouths.

"I think imma stay home and relax tomorrow." Ponyboy stated.

"Alright. Autumn you in?" Steve questioned.

"Nah I'll stay here with Pony." I said, smiling at him. He smiled back. We all got up and put our plates away, and everyone left. Pony, soda, and I watched tv for a couple hours, then went to bed.