Chapter 41: Not Cancelled

A slightly longer chapter than usual here to say thank you for over one hundred bloody thousand reads! I won't go into much detail as to why, but everyone here that's helped bring this obscure book to such a milestone has my gratitude; the rise of this book is a mighty fine slap in the face to the people in my life, specifically during school believe it or not, that've been implying/telling me that I will never amount to anything for the past 2 years. A big middle finger to them lmao and an even bigger thumbs up to all of you(:

Chapter 41 <> Not Cancelled

"I am beggin' you girls, please don't leave me with those two

"I am beggin' you girls, please don't leave me with those two." CJ continued to plead. He'd been harassing Veronica for the past half hour, unhappy that she had planned a girls trip into town which would result in him being left in the company of his brother and Archie... and most of all without Cheryl.

"I'm sorry, CJ," Veronica sighed, throwing her fur collared coat on over her shoulders as she and the other girls prepared to leave. "But I kind of planned the little trip to escape from the toxic testosterone for a few hours... and, well, although you're not at Archie's current level..."

"Oh come on," CJ groaned. "I'll behave, I promise." She looked at him sceptically while finally taking a moment to consider his request. Although Veronica didn't know a whole lot about CJ and his backstory with her friends, it was clear that he and his sibling didn't have a brotherly bond like the one Jughead shared with Archie. After brief contemplation she determined that it wouldn't be fair to leave CJ alone and uncomfortable, simply due to her current anger towards her boyfriend.

"As long as you promise to be a gentleman..." Veronica trailed off. "I suppose you can accompany us, so long as Betty and Cheryl approve."

"Well I'm comin' with you then, they ain't gonna be saying no." Veronica glanced across the room to get Betty's opinion on the matter and received a careless shrug in reply. The raven haired teen felt her eyebrow twitch; in all honesty, CJ and Betty's dynamic confused her immensely.

"Cheryl?" Veronica called out in order to collect the final opinion. Cheryl, who had been carefully applying a coat of lipstick nearby as she discreetly watched the interaction, lowered her phone to reply. She was interrupted before even having a chance to begin however, as CJ's phone started to ding repeatedly with the default ringtone.

"Shit sorry." He said, quickly pulling his phone out of the pocket of his black denim jacket. Upon seeing the caller ID he sighed apologetically, making his way outside to answer the call privately. "What's up?"

"Oh," Sabrina's voice muttered from the opposite end of the line. "Not much, you know..."

"If it wasn't much you wouldn't have fuckin' called me, so what's so important that you had to bother me so soon?"

"I really don't want to be the bearer of bad news, boss, but I think you need to come back to Riverdale."

"Sabrina..." CJ grumbled, feeling himself gradually tense up due to worry and the vagueness of the suggestion. "What the fuck's happened - is it the club?"