Entry #10

I barely have any strength left to write, and I know my time is coming.

I am only able to write thanks to a support that was given to me, but even then I can feel my strength leaving me. Therefore, I will make this short.

I am thankful, and I am happy that I can die without much regret. Of course, I regret that I was not able to stop the deaths of two of Miss Emily's children, but I have watched as Miss Emily gave birth to three healthy children who continue to grow stronger day by day, and I know that she is pregnant once more.

"If it's a girl," she said, "I will name her after you."

I could not help but laugh, but I was flattered either way.

Mary was a common name, but Miss Emily wanted to honor me, a mere maid, and I cannot help but feel important.

However, I have one more regret.

Now that new colonies were being built and are growing stronger, I fear of what will happen to Miss Emily in the future. She was still vulnerable and unsafe from the other countries, especially her own caretaker, who I fear will treat her cruelly as the years go by. She will not only have to protect herself, but also her children, who are becoming aware of what's happening around them.

Sometimes I hate that I am mortal, but I hate that Miss Emily and her children will not die unless their country ceases to exist.

I cannot think of a worse fate.

My time has come now, and I cannot stay with Miss Emily forever. That's why I ask whoever finds this diary to continue looking after Miss Emily and her children in our stead, to give her the support she will need for the years to come. That is all I ask of you.

Miss Emily, continue to be strong. I know it will be hard, but do your best. Watch your children grow up into wonderful people, and make sure you raise them well. They need their mother, and they will come to you for protection during hard times. Of course, I know there will be times when you will not be able to protect them, and I know those times will be hard, but be there for your children, and that will be enough for them.

I'm sorry that I cannot be there for you every step of the way, and you will have to continue watching your human friends die from old age while you stay the way you are, but just remember, there are people who care about you, and you will have your children to keep you company when you need it.

I am growing tired now, and I know I will not be able to write anymore after this, so allow me to finish with this.

Thank you for having me in your life Miss Emily, and I pray that you will find the happiness you deserve in this life.

With all my love,

Mary

--Diary of Jane Faustus, written by Mary Brown, 1635

Mary Brown passed away from old age on April 2, 1635. This diary has been found and read, but has never been used again. However, there is one final message written in the corner of the last page, written by an elegant but ancient hand.

They are alright, I will take care of them now my dear.

--Gaia

The end