Entry #6

The Spanish attempted colonization again in 1570.

I could not understand why they continued this path of destruction. They had already failed in their previous attempts, and that resulted in Miss Emily losing her children, but it seems that they were not deterred.

Were they truly that desperate to expand their power, regardless of whatever lives they destroyed?

I know you may think this hypocritical of me, but I cannot help but hate the Spanish.

Of course, I do not hate their citizens, after all I doubt that many of them even understand or even care of what is happening over here, but I cannot say the same for the government or their personification.

I pray that I never meet him, otherwise I doubt I will be able to control my anger when we do.

Especially after what he's done once again.

As I have mentioned in the last entry, a total of three children had been growing within Miss Emily, one a daughter of France, and the last two the children of Spain.

He had been born shortly after Miss Elara faded away, where we found him lying on the bed sleeping, looking so peaceful, like his sisters had not perished.

I had wondered if it was a trick. It had to be. There was no explanation for why this was happening.

On the other hand, Miss Emily was just staring at the child, her eyes void of any emotion, and her cheeks were surely dry as a result of her now dried-up tears. The child continued to rest like nothing was amiss, and that frightened us at first.

Then he opened his eyes, revealing warm and innocent green orbs, and smiled brightly, reaching out for Miss Emily.

Miss Emily's eyes widened, her once emotionless eyes now filling with shock, but she did not move towards the child at first. This did not deter him, and he continued to reach for her, giggling and cooing all the while.

Miss Emily had stayed where she was, clearly hesitant to go anywhere near him.

Finally, the boy began to sob, tears streaming down his cheeks, and then he began to cry out, lonely, sorrowful, and yearning. This finally forced Miss Emily to move.

She was in front of her son in an instant, scooping him up and rocking him up and down gently, quietly cooing back to him in order to cease his sobs. The child continued to cry for a good several minutes until he finally calmed, looking up to his mother with his big, shining dark green eyes.

Once all was calm, I took that moment to take in the child's appearance. Like all newborn infants, his cheeks were full, no teeth were present, and his arms and hands were tiny compared to Miss Emily's, the hands barely managing to grasp her finger. However, I was able to tell that he was a handsome baby, with his eyes full, his green eyes shining in the sunlight, his skin a flawless tan, and his hair smooth and silky, just like his mother's.

At that moment, we all felt hope return, despite the tragedies that have befallen.

Miss Emily smiled down at her son, a loving, joyous smile, but I was still able to see the sadness that lingered. "Hola mi hijo," she said lovingly. "Yo soy tú madre."

She continued to rock the child, and the baby boy laughed in response, holding out his tiny hands in joy as his mother spoke.

"You are Alejandro," she said in English then. "That shall be your name."

Alejandro. I suddenly wondered why Miss Emily would give her son a name from the Spanish, the very country that was mostly responsible for causing her all this grief. However, I kept my words to myself, for the child was hers, and his father was Spain as much as I wished it but. After all that happened today, I do not wish to cause Miss Emily any more pain.