Chapter 25: The Last Dance

Chapter 25: The Last dance

Grand hall --- 11pm

Dan's P.O.V:

So watching my best friend, getting married was great. The accent though... not so much.

All of us went to the Grand hall near the church and we celebrated their reception party. It was fun. I get to sit next to Phil at the front along with his wife and their families.

Then came the speeches and since there was no rehearsal, they made me go first. I then got up, got the cards out of my pocket and gave out a speech.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, I came to congratulate my best friend, Phil for finally tying the knot with his lovely new wife" I said. "So Ellie, you I better hide your cereal box. He will try to eat it up".

Everyone in the church laugh.

"I've been living with Phil for years now and it's been great getting to know him. We rarely go on dates... my fault. But I'm glad to see him move on with his life" I said. "I've been told that he may move out soon. So Phil, if you ever do move out... I'm gonna miss the pillow fights, reading erotic fan fics, holding your hand as we leave each Youtube event and all the other great memories we had. So can we congratulate Philip Michael Lester for becoming a new man. Just one favor... Don't name your child 'Sylvester'. Seriously, do you want your child to get bullied? And Ellie, fair warning, there will be socks everywhere".

I sat down and I managed make them laugh a bit and Phil sort of cried a bit. Their families and friends gave out their speeches. Some reflecting their past.

After eating and Phil and Ellie giving their speeches, it's time for dancing. Most of them have a partner but Phil and Ellie took center stage. Meanwhile, I'm just sitting on a round table as I see my best friend dancing along with others. Most of my Youtuber friends have partners or just danced with each other. An example is Chris and PJ dancing with each other. Some danced with Ellie's friends (and they fan girled a bit).

After just using my phone, reading tweets and tumblr scrolling, I saw a hand. I looked up and it's Phil's.

"Shall we dance?" Phil asked with his normal accent.

"What...! No, it's you and Ellie's day! Dance with her!" I said.

"Don't worry Daniel" said Ellie. "I know Phil means a lot to you. Go and dance with him!"

So I grabbed Phil's hand and we took center stage. I looked around and his family, my family and our friends and co workers became shocked and confused but they kinda accepted it.

"Thanks for being here Dan" Phil said.

"It's great that your finally moving on" I said. "I guess it's not us against the world then".

"Yeah" said Phil in a guilty voice. "Sorry"

"No! It's ok! I'm now 23 years old, I can manage on my own!"

We danced a bit but after 10 minutes, Phil held my hand and we went to the garden area. Phil brought out a box and it was a Tarot card set.

Phil placed the cards on his hands, without any of us seeing the image of the other side.

"Pick a card Dan" said Phil.

"What?" I asked.

"Just pick 3 cards" said Phil. "Time for you to know your future".

So I picked 3. Phil asked me without looking on which card for my past, present and future. The first 2 were close approximates on what happened. Then the final card came out.

"The knight of Wands" said Phil.

"Some guy will have an..." I said. "Phil... That was the card that predicted our meeting!"

"It could mean something else Dan!" said Phil with a worried voice. "Probably another guy..."

"Probably" I said.

I became worried. Have I picked a card that may ruin Phil and Ellie's wedding?! If I did, I'm screwed.

Suddenly, Ellie called us as it was time for a massive photo shoot in the hall. We all were in different groups and there were different shots. There was one for the fantastic foursome, for me and Phil, Ellie and her friends and others.

As I watched, I have the knight of wands in my pocket... praying that what the card predicted isn't true.