Chapter 13: All Alone...

Dan's P.O.V.

            Liana pulled me out of the bar and walked till we're near the Foyles Bookstore. She first looked pissed then when she lets go of me, she becomes tired.

            "I'm sorry" said Liana. "I'm sorry I drag you into this".

            I started to feel confused. I have no idea what this girl sees me as. She keeps telling people we're just friends even when she says that we just play neighbours who don't even know each other.

            "Liana... are we friends or are we neighbours or... what am I to you exactly?" I asked.

            Liana had that confused look in her face like she has no idea what to respond. She felt upset that she decided to run away from me. I tried to get her back but she just ran. I was just standing there on front of the closed bookstore and she just abandoned me.

            Suddenly, my phone rang and it was from Phil. He's sleeping with Ellie tonight so I guess I'm all alone tonight. I walked in the streets of London and arrived at my apartment by 10:15 pm. I just continued to my apartment, turned on the lights and saw how big and empty it was. It seems lonely without anyone. But I guess that's what happens when your best friend is finally moving on with his life. Meanwhile I'm just that guy who left university just to make YouTube videos.

            What's wrong with me?! Why am I like this? Is there something wrong with me? Oh well... that's life I guess. Well... maybe... I don't know.

            Suddenly... I started to question my existence. I started to feel depressed that I rushed to the existential crisis hallway and just lied down there... just lied down.

July 23 2014, 12:22 am:

Phil's P.O.V.

            I returned to my apartment with Ellie as we finally decided to just sleep at my place for a while... plus I have the film 'Faintheart' and we decided to watch it. But when we arrived at the apartment door, Liana is just on front.

            "Liana, what are you doing?" I asked.

            "I needed to talk to Dan!" she said. "I knocked at every door there is and this is the only door with no response"

            "How long have you been knocking?" asked Ellie.

            "2 hours" she said. "Did I do something wrong or anything?".

            I went on the door and knocked at it.

            "Dan... open up!" I said.

            No response...

            "Existential Crisis" I said.

            "What?" asked Liana.

           "Dan is vulnerable" Phil said. "He tends to fall into this state where he questions the meaning of life".

            Suddenly... Liana started to have that horror look on her face she started to run down the stairs and leave the area.

            "Liana wait!" I said.

Ellie's P.O.V.

            I managed to chase down Liana down the stairs. She only made it to the lobby and she just started sobbing. I went to her and patted her on the back.

            "What am I doing?" asked Liana. "All I'm doing is causing Dan pain! What am I?"

            "Liana... it's not your fault" I said. "I know how you feel. Phil was also in the same condition as well when I started dating him".

            "What happened?" asked Liana.

            "To make the long story short... I almost died... But Phil saved my life and I just realised that he's more than just a YouTuber, he's a friend" I said. "He was my ex-boyfriend from High school and I thought that being with him was a bad idea but after a few dates... and some incidents... I finally saw who he really is and I'm marrying him".

            "But that's the thing!" said Liana. "I know that Dan is a good person but... I'm not sure if I am ready to be friends with him... and..."

            Liana started to get scared and I calmed her down just by hugging her.

            "There, there... listen" I said. "You said you and him will just play neighbours right? If that's so, Dan will try to befriend you like you two just met. If you think you're ready for him, then everything will fall into place"

            Liana started to feel better as I kept comforting her. She started to cry as I can tell that she's still afraid. I know how it feels like to be dating someone who's more successful than me and I can relate to Liana's problem. All she needs to do is just to overcome it. However, she is different. She has no idea how to deal with this situation and yet she's still at school. She's just an average teenage girl, starting university, and is now involved in the life of Daniel James Howell.