Chapter 10: Who is Dan, Who is Liana

Liana's Apartment --- 17 Minutes before:

Liana's P.O.V.

I overheard Dan talking to Phil. I started to feel bad for him now for what I may have done to him. He just probably wants to befriend me but he has other friends as well, why does he need me in the friend's list.

I decided to do some research about Dan and see why is he in to me. I arrived to my apartment, went to my bedroom, turned on my laptop and researched 'Dan' but I do not know the last name! He never told me... but I told mine to him! Damit! But then... I remembered him saying something to me when he came over... something about fire. I typed Dan + Fire and it showed some results of Danisnotonfire.

That was the name!!! The name that I'm looking for! I went through the Wikipedia page and he isn't lying. He really is a YouTuber and a Radio Presenter. He's also well known in the UK. I am now in disbelief, I'm neighbours with someone famous... sort off. Then I saw something, it has the name 'Phil'.

I just did deep research on the two and I can see why my peers won't shut up talking about the stupid wedding, the Phil they were talking about is the same Phil in the building! I saw a glimpse on the people my friends are fangirling about. If I can share these information, I can be famous in school, I can be a somebody.

But then again it isn't right. Dan and Phil are normal people with a reputation. They are just well known over the internet but yet, live normal lives. Do they still have a normal life? Is that why he wants to befriend me? Did all of this made him lose touch of normality that he needed to befriend someone who isn't... well known?

If this is true, then why did he choose this path? Why didn't he just quit when he still have the chance? And if this was his only pathway just to get through life, what have I done?!

Hyde Park --- 7:32pm:

Dan's P.O.V.

After leaving Hyde park just because the fans were chasing us for a couple of hours, we went to the city and just hide within the crowd. We then returned to the Park and there were just a few people. We just had a night time picnic with the food we bought in the shops and just lied on the grass and looked up in the sky.

"So... this was different" said Ellie. "I normally never get mobbed".

"Ellie, you're engaged with the Amazing Phil Lester" said PJ

"Explain to me why I had to run as well?" asked James. "I'm not a YouTuber or someone on TV, I'm just a policeman!"

"Sorry Ian" said Chris.

Ian James is Ellie's ex-boyfriend, Chris's second cousin (to whom they no information about each other) and Phil's best friend from High school. He may have a connection within the group but the public doesn't know anything about it.

"At least you get a taste on what is it for us in our everyday life" said PJ. "Which reminds me, welcome to the group James!"

A few of us started to get cold and Phil started to give Ellie a cuddle to make her feel warm. He used to do it to me but since Ellie is his fiancé, I have no choice. Besides, I have my jacket with me. It's keeping me warm. However, I still feel bad about the Liana incident.

"Yo! Daniel, what's up?" asked James.

"Meh" I said.

"It's our new neighbour" Phil said.

"He's still upset about that?" asked Ellie.

"Don't worry about me" I said. "These things happen. She's still in school and I left school so... no point"

"So tell us, who is she?" asked Chris.

"Her name is Liana" I said. "She's 19, lives in the second floor and we met 3 times before we actually got to know each other".

"Oh... fate" said PJ. "So, why did she rejected someone like you?"

"She doesn't want to be with anyone who will bring lots of attention and I can't lie so I told her the truth and she became upset about it" I said. "She asked me to leave before we actually have a shot on being friends".

"YouTuber curse man" said Chris.

"I thought the curse is fake?" Ellie asked.

"Ellie, we just make these things up" said Phil.

Ellie finally understood what he meant. She didn't lift the curse when she said 'yes' to Phil, she just gave hope. She left Phil's arms and gave me a hug.

"Don't worry Dan, you will find the right one" she said.

"Thanks future Mrs Lester" I said.

Ellie stopped hugging me and returned to Phil's arms. Just seeing that makes me feel more upset.

"No need to mean or anything but I just feel like I'm losing the people I love" I said.

Phil's P.O.V.

"No need to mean or anything but I just feel like I'm losing the people I love" Dan said.

Dan started to lie down on the grass and we just looked at him with his sad face as he just started to feel bad about his life.

"Phil has been with me for a while and knowing that he's moving on, there will come a time when Phil and I will go on our separate paths. He will marry Ellie, have kids and he will have to move out. I will just be in the apartment and I will just be 'Uncle Dan' living in a solo life and..."

That's when Dan started to lose himself and just ended up having an existential crisis... IN PUBLIC. Thank goodness there were less people so that Dan doesn't get much attention and that nobody can make this a big deal.

"Dan, Dan listen to me!" I said as I shock him. "Don't think too much about the future. Even if I do leave you or something, I will always be there for you!".

"Yeah right" Dan said as he turns away. "Ellie will be your main priority once the bells ring. You guys will be living with me for a few months then next thing you know, you'll find yourself a house and have kids and live the normal cliché life".

"Dan, I don't want to be normal" I said. "I just want to have fun..."

"Phil, you don't have keep doing this" I said. "You are almost 30, you will have to do this".

I ended up stopping. Dan has a point, there will come a time where I can no longer be there for Dan and I will end up starting a family on my own. Dan will have the apartment all for himself and he will be alone.

[A/N: I'm literally crying right now! It's too sad!]

Chris, PJ and James are now trying to find ways to cheer Dan up but it was still no use. Dan tends to think negative thoughts and unless some tells a really sad story for Dan to absorb or another bag of chocolates, we have no other options.

"Can't we just confront this person?" asked PJ.

"No, it's against the law" said James. "She's still a student and if you just invade her, you may be charged".

"Damn" Chris said. "Thank goodness you're with us".

"Hello" said someone. "Am I interrupting".

Me, Chris, Ellie, PJ and James turned around and it was a girl. She wore a Lavender t-shirt and a bag. She doesn't seem to be fan girling so she's not a fan. She has long black hair and she seems young.

"Are you friends with a guy named Dan?" asked the girl.

Dan turned around and he pushed me a bit and we can see the shock in his face.

"Liana?" he asked.