Chapter 11: Lets Just be Neighbors

Chapter 11: Let's Just be Neighbors

Liana's P.O.V.

I decided to see Dan again. After realising about him, I decided to just to try to get an explanation or some sorts. I looked everywhere in places I guess he would be in but when I was walking around town, there were a few girls talking about seeing him in Hyde Park.

"I'm sorry, is this a bad time?" I asked.

Suddenly, two of them went into a battle stance or something like that. It was like they are about to attack me. I have no idea who most of these guys are, except for Dan, Phil and his fiancé Ellie.

"How dare you hurt Danisnotonfire?!" asked one boy with a fringe right up to his eyebrows.

"I'm sorry" I said. "I..."

"Enough with your lame excuses" said another boy with brown curly hair.

"Guys stop" Dan said as he pushes their arms down.

Dan went to me and asked if we can have a walk around Hyde Park. I agreed. So Dan told his companions to just wait for him as we just took a stroll at the park.

"So, why are you here?" Dan asked. "I thought I wasn't worth being with you since... you know"

"I gave it some thought" I said. "I did some research and my theory is... you just wanted to feel like a normal human being... without the fans chasing you"

Dan just stayed silent with his hands on his pocket. He looks upset yet he's trying to smile a bit. I can tell he isn't good when it comes to human interaction... unless he's on stage or something.

"I just need to ask though, why me?" I asked. "Among most others... why me? I'm just a university student".

Dan looked up to the night sky as he was trying to figure out what to say. I guess he never gave it much thought. I don't he even knows.

"I don't know really" Dan said. "I guess, when we first met when you bumped into me few weeks ago and when I first met you in the bookstore and down the lobby, I had feeling that you were different from most other girls I've ever met. You didn't seem to notice me, I can tell you are also socially awkward and I think of it as a good thing".

"Me not knowing who you are?" I asked. "Then... you rather lie to me then?"

"No... no, no, no, no!" Dan said. "You don't get it. Whenever I meet someone, they will end up knowing me. They will say stuff like 'You're from the BBC' or 'You're that guy in YouTube'. They will only be with me just because of my status but when it came to you... you have no idea who I was, I can tell we could connect and hang and... stuff".

I gave Dan a hug after he said that but I just don't know if I'm willing to be that girl. Dan just wants to feel normal but knowing his reputation... it's giving me some second thoughts.

"Dan..." I said. "I'm not sure if I want to be with you. Not that I hate you or anything... I just... I don't want it to be the Justin incident where I will just be some slut of yours and that I won't be able to finish school and..."

Dan started to interrupt me as he was putting his finger on my lips.

"Hey, hey, don't worry about it" Dan said. "I'm not going to be that guy".

"But you quit..." I said.

"Just because I quit doesn't mean I'm going to stop you" Dan said. "What about we just start being friends and see where that goes".

"No" I said. "I want us to just start acting like neighbours. Just people who will just meet coincidentally and we'll see where that goes".

Dan's P.O.V.

Liana wants to pretend that we don't actually know each other. She wants me to meet her by fate alone or something. But if that's the only way I can gain contact with her... I guess that will do.

"Ok... I guess" I said.

"Thanks Dan!" she said as she hugs me for the final time

I was about to give her a kiss but I just then decided not to do it. We decided to walk back to all my friends back in the park and I see PJ, Chris and James playing football while Phil and Ellie are just cuddling on the bridge. I look back at Liana and gave her a hug.

"Well... nice meeting you again" I said.

"Bye Dan" she said.

She was about to walk away till I grabbed her arm. She turned around and she looked at me with the expression of shock and disbelief.

"Wait..." I said. "Since you live at our building, maybe you can walk with us. Besides, we're a big group so nothing bad could go wrong".

Liana looked like she wasn't interested but the agreed to my offer. So we stayed in the park... with James between us so it doesn't make it much awkward between us. I know you people think this situation is awkward but me and Liana are both socially awkward people so having someone between us eases the awkwardness.

I just sat down as I see Pj and Chris trying to tackle each other... can see why some of their fans want to ship them. Then there is Phil and Ellie, cuddling on the same bridge where he proposed to her as I'm just sitting on the grass with James and Liana.

Liana's P.O.V.

Dan is just looking around as he has no idea what to do. I know he's known for his social anxieties and such but I don't know how to react in this situation. I'm glad that one of his friends is sitting right between us. I just got out the Divergent book that Dan gave me and continued reading it. I see Dan just talking to the guy between us as I'm just in my own little world.