Chapter 30: Dramatic Halloween Bash

Start from the beginning

"I'm friends with Ian Rivers. We bumped into each other one day at school, and we've been talking since."

"Don't tell me you're going to go off and date the kid." Eli puffs out a breath, re-adjusting his position against the locker. I closed mine, slinging my backpack over my shoulder.

"It's not like that. Ian and I are just friends." I told him, although he didn't seem very convinced.

"What's with the face?" I gave him a look. "Are you not okay with me being friends with other people?"

"I just thought since you and Andrew were finally not arguing that-"

"Wait, wait, wait. You think Andrew and I are talking to each other? Like, dating?" I almost laughed at the thought.

"You guys were acting all weird when you came downstairs to play pool with us." He pointed out. Okay, I admit it did seem a little fishy coming from his perspective, but it wasn't anything serious.

"Andrew and I just agreed to stop fighting. That's it. I'm not interested in dating anyone, plus I'm sure no one is interested in me." I shrugged. That's how it was at my old school, why would a new school be anything different?

"That's not true. I know that there are a handful of guys that are willing to date a hot softball player." He hugs me from the side.

"I'm just going to ignore the fact that you called me hot." I laughed, and he joins in.

"Speaking of hot, I heard this Halloween party tonight is going to be awesome." Eli informed me.

"From who?"

"Just from what people are saying. Isn't it at the Williams Mansion?"

"Yeah, it is."

"Well, I heard that it's super creepy and haunted. Don't tell anyone, but I'm kind of afraid of ghosts and all that shit." He looked at me with a nervous look etched on his face. I gave him a look that said, 'are you kidding me?'.

"What?" He said defensively. "It gives me the eebie jeebies."

"Don't worry, you're secret is safe with me." I patted his back, my voice full of sarcasm. He didn't seem to care, though.

"So, does that mean you're going to the party tonight?" I asked him hopefully. It would be nice for my other friends to show up, and be in the same place as my friends. It would make history that Mason and Andrew would be going to the same party.

"Yeah. I'm going with Andrew, Nick, Shelby, and Julian."

"Are you kidding me? Why is Shelby going?" I throw my head back in annoyance. Eli knows how I feel about that girl.

"Because Andrew is going. And they're dating." He tells me like I should've known already.

"God! She's like a leech!" I breath out. It's the truth though, Shelby literally attaches herself to Andrew and doesn't let go.

Guess this party will stink after all.

Oh well. I will try to make the most of it.