Chapter 2 -The Journey To Mistral-

Start from the beginning

"Jacques, will you please just hear me out?" Ironwood said.

Jacques slams a glass onto the table, "You are a trusted friend and ally to this family, James. But what you're suggesting is absurd," He brought down his fist onto the chair's arm that he was seating.

"You are blowing it out of proportion," Ironwood said.

Jacques quickly rose from his seat, "The council will never agree to it!"

Ironwood rose from his seat, "You forget, I hold two seats on the council,"

"Your Dust embargo has already cost me millions. I can promise you, I have not forgotten!" Jacques yelled.

"So, this is about you?" Ironwood said, Jacques sighed.

As Weiss watched this disagreement continue the door close behind her notifying the two of her presence, the two looked at her.

"Miss Schnee. My apologies, I should have been gone by now," Ironwood said as he bowed.

"It-It's okay," Weiss said.

He looked at Jacques, "We'll continue this at another time,"

"Indeed, Klein can show you out," Jacques said.

"Hmph, don't worry, I know the way," He proceeded to the door, "Until next time, Jacques," He looked at Weiss, "Please know, you'll always have a home at Atlas Academy, Miss Schnee. We'll be back in session before you know it," He opened the door and left, the door closing behind him.

"Did you forget your manner while you were away?" Jacques asked, he walked toward his desk.

Weiss lets out a sigh and turns to her father, "No, father. I'm sorry,"

"Can you believe there are still people in the world that blame Atlas for what happened to Beacon? To Vale?" He said as he sat down in his chair.

"Well, they weren't there," Weiss said, she approached her father's desk.

"It's a wonder Ironwood wasn't stripped of his rank," He said, spinning his chair towards a painting of himself,  "I suppose the council trusts him. For better or worse,"

"I trust him," Weiss said.

He sighed and turned towards Weiss, "Thanks to him, Atlas is forbidden from exporting Dust to other kingdoms! 'A precautionary measure,' as he puts it, until we're certain no one is going to declare war. How anyone could possibly find that to be sound logic is beyond me. Which is why the Schnee Dust Company will be holding a charity concert in the coming weeks. We need to show the people of Remnant that we are on their side, that we are all victims of the Fall of Beacon,"

"That's... wonderful news," Weiss said joyously.

"I know. And I think it would make a lot of people happy if you performed at the event," He said.

"Excuse me?" She asked slightly confused at the request.

"Many forget that you were there. My own daughter--a Schnee--on the grounds defending another kingdom! We need to remind them. And we need to show them that the Schnee family is just as strong as ever," He said.

"Are you asking me if I'd like to sing, or telling me?" She asked.

"I think it would make a lot of people happy," He said.

Weiss sighed, "I'll start practicing,"

"That's my girl," He said.

Weiss walked out of the room and into the hallway to hear a voice, "Hot coffee, Miss Schnee?" This was the Schnee family's butler, Klein Sieben.