Brighter Stars. Chapter 2' Darker Moon (Jace)

12th March2016:

"The events that lead me to Creekwood facility for troubled boys are not as clear-cut as people might assume, normally people who are admitted here have trouble with drugs, violence, alcohol, anger issues, and in most cases, all of that combined into one. My stories a little different though, I'm troubled, there's no doubting that, but I've never taken a drug or touched a drink in my life. And the only fights I ever got into was with my brother and I don't think the real world would even class those as "proper fights" it hurts to think about my mother and brother. I feel physically sick every time I do. The time was 10:00 am. And I was in the passenger seat of my dads' car, leaving our neighbourhood for the Creekwood Facility for troubled boys. I glanced over at my father, his coffee coloured skin looked tired. Under his eyes were accompanied by dark rings cause of lack of sleep. His frown is set into disappointment. And knowing I caused all this for him. I can't imagine I looked much different to him, then."

"The 23rd of December 2015: The day everything in my life was turned upside down like an angry tornado at full force, let me tell you why. My neighbourhood is what they'd call a 'Ghetto'  guns and knife crime are the norm. People don't have much but what they do have they are willing to share. I'd always felt safe here and accepted. Even down to coming out as gay to my mother and father. There was no big drama about it, they simply accepted me as I was. I was a good kid, a good student, and I got a job working long hours for little money in a laundromat. But I liked it, and it provided for my family along with the long hours they worked. My little brother Jehlani was at school while myself, my mum, and dad, was at work. I wouldn't really say I was bored or even looking for the trouble that particular day brought. And still, to this day, I do not know what made me go looking for it. I'd finished work in the laundromat. And decided to wander into a different part of town after dark. A couple of guys I knew from school were hanging out on the street corners. And when they saw me they called me over. "Yes' Bruv' You go our high school innit?" they asked me. I nodded and they touched knuckles with me. They were smoking and drinking. I wasn't naive enough to realise they were smoking weed. They offered me some. To which I replied. "Um,' I don't smoke," They never pushed it. While they were all laughing and comparing girls they'd slept with from school. I just stood there. Then I wondered to myself what I could even offer to them. I didn't smoke, I wasn't a drinker, and I certainly didn't have any girls to boast about. So I said my goodbyes and was about to leave until their head boy said.  
"Ayo' bruv hold up." He shoved something into my shoulder bag as the cop cars descended on us, out of nowhere, out of the blue. They all scattered in different directions. I glanced into my bag and noticed it was 3 big thick blocks of white, and then sense took over and I ran too. I wasn't dumb enough to know he had dumped his cocaine stash on me, so as not to be caught carrying himself, I ran as fast as I could as the blue lights flashed everywhere and the police screamed: "Stop!" I ran through the ginnel losing them a bit. At the other end of the ginnel a car screeched up beside me, and they screamed: "Get In!" I really had no time to think or consider my actions. All I knew was the police was not far behind and if I got caught carrying copious amounts of cocaine, my ass was going to jail. So I got into the car."  

"The car screamed away as they all laughed at having an advantage on the police, This was my 1st time ever doing something like this, but something told me it wasn't there's. The car was going fast, extremely fast. I took the cocaine out of my bag and slid all 3 blocks under the car seat. "Maybe we should slow down" I tried to say but it was lost on them. And if anything we sped up, I could feel my heart pounding out of my chest. And when I glanced back 3 police cars were following us at full speed. But that's all I remember about that particular event other than suddenly we slammed on the brakes, trying but failing to stop. And we hit someone."