Chapter 31: The Warning

Start from the beginning

"Oh okay, so I guess you like it." He chuckled as I closed my eyes and visualize that a smile was peeking on his face right now. His natural scent was like a drug to me. It was so captivating and sweet at the same time.

I slowly pulled myself away from him and those crystal blue eyes worked its way to hypnotize me. There were glint of green hues peering in those eyes that enthralled me and I was definitely under the spell of this Irish leprechaun. But the worst part was I'm okay with it.

The way the yellow sunlight bounced off on those pink, plump lips and the redness of his cheeks blends in on his complexion. It was beyond perfection. Words cannot define how dazzling Niall was.

And yet, there were certain sadness sparkling in those eyes and it was too excruciating to see. If there's one wish I could ask a genie would be letting me be an instrument to make Niall happy.

I slowly lifted my hands and touched those warm, rosy cheeks of his. "What's wrong, Niall?"

There was a hesitation behind those mesmerizing eyes. If only I could read his mind then everything would be much easier.

"I-I'm sorry, Zayn." He stood up quickly then turned away from me and started walking towards the window where he could see a tall Alder tree. It has a lot of branches where the thick leaves almost covering the whole tree and the only visible part of it was the trunk. His gaze focused on how the green leaves go in one direction (Author's Note: It was totally unexpected but I didn't notice it until I wrote it down. LOL) as the wind blew to the west.

Sorry? Why was he apologizing? He didn't do anything wrong. In fact, he brought me presents.

As the confusion sets in my mind, I tried to search the reason why on earth Niall apologizing to me but I kept coming up blank.

He slowly turned around with both of his hands on his back and when those cute, sad blue eyes met mine, my heart nearly broke in two.

"I kissed Liam..."

My world came crashing down as my fragile heart shattered into million pieces, a memory of yesterday flashed before my very eyes. It was the video of Liam and Niall kissing together in the middle of the woods.

A wave of jealousy filled every inch of my existence as the moving images of Liam leaning forward to Niall and gave him a kiss. Just the thought of Liam's lips touching Niall's drove me absolutely crazy. My fists clenched as those memories playback at the back of my mind and my blood boiled in rage.

"Look, Zayn. I know that you fancy him but I was so powerless when he pushed me into the bed." His fingers started to fidgety as regret filled up his face.

ON THE BED?! What the fuck is going on?!?! Does that mean Liam kissed Niall TWICE?!

The wave of jealousy turned into rage and furious combined. These extreme emotions filling up inside me snapped something inside of me. Suddenly, my feet shuffled against the hardwood floors making a creaking sound. I could see the fear on Niall's eyes. The way his mouth twitched and the redness of his cheeks spread across on his face showed how anxious and nervous he was. At one point, I thought he winced when he saw me walking towards him.

I grabbed both of his shoulder as my fingers digs through his cotton fabric sweater and he immediately shuts out his eyes in complete horror of what I might be able to do to him. It felt like I astral projected myself as I watched from the outside this very angry person that I didn't even recognize. I was really mad, really really mad to the point that I was shaking Niall relentlessly and hurting him physically in the process.

I knew at that moment that this furious Zayn has got to stop before I traumatize the person that I really care about. I fought through hell to restrain this unrecognizable side of me as I felt my body began to tremble.

"I-I'm sorry, Zayn..." He sobbed as he buried his face on his hands. The moment I heard him sobbing felt like someone is plucking my arm hair out of my skin and it does hurt.

I slowly let go of him as I stepped backwards and realized what I've done. I've hurt Niall and I felt so disgusted myself. Feeling remorse were not enough to cover up what I've done.

The sound of him sobbing literally broke my heart into two. As I've watched him in pain and agony, I stood there feeling completely helpless.

"I'd understand if you hate and never spoke to me again..." He took his hands away from his face and started heading towards the door but as he was about to turn the doorknob, I pulled him and imprisoned by my arms.

"It's okay. I was a little hurt when you kissed him in the woods..."

Suddenly, he pushed me away from him and it really startled me. The guilty expression on his face turned into a confusion one in a matter of seconds.

"In the woods? What do you mean?" His eyebrow started to wiggle. "I never kissed Liam in the woods." He continued as the watery crystal blue eyes of his gazed at me. And trust me, it was a very mesmerizing pair of eyes I've seen in my entire life.

Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! What the hell is going on? I've seen the video and it was definitely kissing. My eyes would never lie to me.

I pulled my phone and started looking for link of the video and showed it to Niall. He gasped as he watched the video played itself with the music background of our song.

"Who took this?!" The harshness of his voice indicated that he was very upset. Clearly, he didn't know anything about it and if the management found about this, their heads would spin as fast as a top.

"I don't know. Josh showed to us yesterday." I paused as I studied his furious expression slowly fades on his face.

A sudden chuckle left his mouth as his face gave another expression that confused me. A smile exposed his perfect teeth showing as his rosy cheeks tightened by the wide of his smile.

"This wasn't a kiss." His chuckle got a little louder as his smile widened even further.

"What do you mean?" I asked as curiosity filled me up making my eyebrow rises a little bit.

"When this happened," he pointed at the paused video where the two of them are 'kissing.' "The wind is a little bit strong, leaves are flying everywhere along with the dusts and I think some of it went to my eye and I rubbed it forcefully because it's bothering me." He continued explaining. "And Liam leaned closer to me and blow an air to my eye."

A smile was showing itself to my face. I couldn't be happier than now. It was just a misunderstanding but a question still remained inside my mind.

"So..." I paused as I stared into those crystal blue eyes once more. I even asked myself if I even dared to ask the question.

"So...?" He repeated assuming he didn't know where I was going for.

"Did you kiss him?"

He sighed before he could respond.

"FYI, I didn't kiss him. He leaned into me and kissed me. I never kissed Liam."

I don't know if I should be happy or mad about with that piece of information. I guess I was a little relieved that Niall didn't initiate the kiss but still I was a little upset that Liam even dared to touch those pink, plump Irish lips that was supposed to be mine.

"I know that you liked him, Zayn. I really feel bad when this all happened. But..." He paused and the combination of the way his tone reached my ear and the anticipation literally killed me. "But... I would think twice if you still wanna invest your feelings towards Liam."

What's with the cryptic message, Niall? It's creeping me out.

The way he said those words left my arm hair standing up and made me really nervous. I know I'm not into Liam but the way he delivered it gives me the creeps. And now, I really want to know...

"What do you mean?" I asked as I felt my mouth drying up and curiosity pokes itself towards me.

He moved in closer towards and whispered something in my ear that shocked me to my very core.

"Liam and Danielle are still together..."