"Don't tell, Vex. But I love her. So much." My jaw dropped, but before I could say anything, I heard screams from down the hall. They sounded like Will and I had to check it out. But I couldn't just leave Maddox here...

"Hey, what's- what's wrong with Birdbrain!? Hey, buddy are you ok?! Vex what-" I cut Sienna off as she burst into the room.

"Sienna, I really don't have time to explain. Look after Mads while I check on Will. Do not let him fall asleep and do not touch the arrow unless you know for sure what you're doing." I didn't let Sienna answer as I ran out into the hall and towards the source of Will's screaming. I saw him at the cells door, banging at it. I knew Olthen was up to this. I put my hand on his shoulder lightly to get his attention. He was startled and quickly stood up, tears streaming down his face with a horribly distressed expression. I gave him a sympathetic and confused look. "Will? What's going on? Are you ok?" He rapidly shook his head, getting more worked up.

"He's got the serum! He's gonna use it on Rose! Vex help me please." I nodded my head and immediately commanded Olthen to open the door. He did so, and Will bolted in, going directly towards Rose. I saw that Rose was lying unconscious on the floor. I look at Olthen with anger.

"Drop that damn needle right now, Olthen." I commanded him. It fell from his grasp, shattering at the floor. I grabbed his arm and pulled him out of the room. "Come with me." I said and he quickly obeyed, following me into the hall. "What was that!? You promised me. You promised me you wouldn't hurt her! I trusted you, Olthen. I swear I did but you... you just completely shattered that trust! How could you!?" I screamed at him once we made it to our room. He ran a hand through his hair, sitting down in the arm chair.

"I... I did what I had to do, Vex." I rolled my eyes, crossing my arms.

"You can not be serious, Olthen! You didn't have to give her an unstable serum! You didn't have to make her fall unconscious! You didn't have to hurt Will like this! And most of all, you didn't have to break a promise!" I said throwing my hands up. He refused to meet my gaze. I let out a frustrated sigh and sat down on the bed with my head in my hands. I could feel myself getting worked up. So many things were going wrong right now. I had a fight with Olthen this morning, I shot Mads by accident, and now here I am with Will freaking out down the hall and Olthen breaking promises. I really thought he was better than this. Whenever we were alone and it was just him and I... he was different. He was himself. And I loved that side of him. But now...

"Vex?" Olthen said interrupting my thoughts. He sat down next to me and put a hand on my shoulder. "Vex, please. I'm... I'm sorry for breaking my promise. I never meant to hurt you, you know that right? I just... I want my father back, Vex. I want my childhood back." I looked up to him.

"Olthen please don't do this. You know it's not right. You know it isn't. I-I can't... after this I just can't trust you anymore. I want my own room." I stated, blankly. He looked at me, jaw dropped.

"V-Vex, no. Please. I'll make it up to you. To you and Will. I promise. You know I love you-" I stopped him.

"Well until you do, I want my own room. I-I can't be with you right now, Olthen. You've hurt me and you've hurt someone I really care about. Until then, I'm done with you." I said. I could see him getting worked up. He looked like he wanted to say something, but he just ended up looking down and nodding in reply. "I-I gotta go. Maddox got hurt today and I need to tend to him. I'll be back for my things."

"Can I help? In any way?" He said softly. I looked at him and shook my head.

"I think you've done enough today, Olthen." He nodded sadly, and then I left him to go check on Maddox. When I made it to Will's room, I heard him talking to himself. I assumed he was with Rose, so I decided to check if Sienna had moved Maddox to his own room. She had, because when I opened the door, there they were. I walked over, pulling a seat over to his bed. He was sleeping peacefully. His shirt had been taken off and there was gauze wrapped around the wound. The arrow was gone and I looked at Sienna. "Is he gonna be ok?" I asked. She nodded.

"Yeah, he should be in a few weeks at least. What happened, Vex? You rushed out so fast." Sienna questioned. I rolled my eyes.

"Olthen and I... we had a fight so I went to go blow off some steam and just hunt. I saw a bird and took the shot. I wasn't even thinking, Sienna. I feel so bad. Mads was just checking up on me and I hurt him. Gods, I can't believe I did this..." I trailed off, resting my hand lightly on his. He smirked a little in his sleep which brought a sad smile to my face.

"You've gotta be more careful, V. But you seem stressed, so I won't be too hard on you... for now." She smirked. I smiled at her and sat back in my chair. "So why'd you rush out so fast? I heard some yelling but I assumed it was just Olthen being an ass so I ignored it."

"It was Will, actually. He used an unstable serum on Rose." I explained. Her eyes widened.

"You're kidding! How'd he get that? He sure as hell didn't make it himself." She exclaimed. I rolled my eyes.

"I know... I'm not sure though. Will was really freaking out when I found him. Everything happened so quickly so I just tried to do whatever I could. You know, get Olthen to open the cell door and to get away from them. I'm pretty sure he's tending to her now. But Olthen won't let him be alone with her for long. He's probably headed to his room as we speak." I explained to her. She nodded.

"Most likely, yeah. For Will's sake, I hope she's ok. That really sucks though."

"I know..." I nodded. "We should probably let him get his rest. I've gotta clear my things from Olthens room anyways." I said. She scrunched up her nose in confusion.

"Why? Finally broke up with the jerk?" She asked. I let out a small laugh.

"Something like that, yeah. I'm just gonna be staying in a different room for the time being. We'll see what time does, though. You wanna come?" I asked. She shook her head.

"I think I'm gonna watch over Mads for a while. I should watch him just in case my magic screws up. Just to be safe." I smiled and nodded.

"Alright... thanks for everything Sienna. I appreciate it." I said.

"That's my job! Now go get your things out of the infected room." I rolled my eyes.

"See ya."

"Later." And then I left.