Chapter 20

Rose's POV:

After I saw that bracelet on Will's wrist, I had this sort of... urge to steal it. I knew it was something I needed to show to Olthen. I knew it was important, but I couldn't quite tell why exactly that was. It was easy to distract Will enough that he wouldn't notice me slipping it off of his wrist. His own thoughts and emotions distracted him more than anything. I said my goodbyes with Will and went straight to Olthen. Before I entered the room, I stopped in my tracks. Something changed... my head started to hurt and my stomach was in knots. I suddenly felt like I shouldn't do what I was about to do... but I've always listened to my first intuition. Maybe I was just nervous? I wasn't sure why I would be nervous, but I did. I pushed the sick feeling I had down and grabbed the door handle. "Olthen?" I said walking into the training area. He was standing there with his katana. A shiver was sent up my spine. I shook it off.

"Ah, Rose. You're early. Ready to train?" He asked with a smile. I walked towards him.

"Yes, absolutely." I said as I walked. I spoke again once I was in front of him. "Also, I uh... I found this bracelet earlier? I just uh... I saw it and felt like I needed to show you? I'm not sure why though." I held up the bracelet in my hand. He gingerly picked it up and looked at it. I chose not to tell Olthen how I acquired it. As much as I knew I wanted to make him aware of it, I also had this urge to protect Will by not telling Olthen he was the one who had it. I'm sure Olthen wouldn't have done anything to punish Will, but I just... something told me to keep that additional information to myself. Maybe I'll ask Will about it later...

"Do you remember what we've been learning about? Regarding the enemy." He spat the last word. I nodded, happy I was able to remember our lessons.

"Of course." I said, anger starting to rise inside of me. Olthen had been telling me things about these people from this camp. They've been hunting Olthen down, trying to find all of us to kill us so that Olthen can't rescue his father. It's so insane, they broke into this prison he was living in and murdered all of his fellow demigods! They were like his family... and they just killed them all and tortured him until he was able to escape and find Vex and Sienna and Maddox. I think I might have been at the prison as well... but I can't quite remember. Olthen told me I had a serious head injury when i first got here, and the meds he had me on as well as the recovery itself had made me lose my memory. Gods, I'm so happy I was able to find them or else it might have been really bad. And I'm so unbelievably happy that Will made it out of that prison too. Now there are these prisoners that Olthen has that were apart of their group. He says that having them will hopefully discourage the others from attacking. I believe it'll work. I mean, if I were in their shoes I wouldn't try anything. The kicker is, Olthen actually treats those "prisoners" as gods! He told me how they get three hot meals a day, comfy living quarters, and everything. He won't let me see them, though. He says they'll try and corrupt my fragile mental state after my head injury. He's such a wonderful and caring leader. Our team will definitely succeed and I know that because we're the good guys. We're doing this for the greater good and that's all you need in order to be successful in... well... life.

"This is that one boys'. Damian. He tortured me in my sleep, like I explained to you. Yes... he's trying to get in touch with someone here through this. Thank you, Rose, for bringing this to my attention. We wouldn't want this to get into the wrong hands, now would we?" I nodded.

"Of course not." I shook my head. I felt relief spread through my body knowing we all were protected once again. I mean, what if Will had been wearing it around those prisoners and they were able to get ahold of it?! That would have been a disaster...

"I think we should do another magic session, don't you agree?" Olthen stepped closer to me, breaking the silence. We were inches apart now. I nodded. "Let's begin." At that, he placed both hands on my face. The last thing I remember from the outside world was a purple glow radiating. Visions of the past started to fly by and my memory was becoming stronger and stronger. My feelings towards those memories began to form as well. These sessions have been improving and clearing my foggy memory and they have also proved to help in physical training as well, and I feel it will also prove to help in, an inevitable, future battle.

The past is clear, and the future is bright.