Chapter 13

Ashley's POV

I saw Wilmer draw back to hit Demi and I was not going to let that happen even if It meant me getting hit instead of her. I jumped in front of Demi before he smacked her. I felt a sharp pain across my face and I hit the ground hard.

Tears instantly came quick. I couldn't stop crying. I couldn't believe what just happen, but as long as Demi was alright, I'd get through it.

Demi knelt down and wrapped her arms around me. Wilmer was still there and I couldn't make out what Demi was saying but she was screaming very loudly.

I felt my body get weak and tired. I knew this feeling all too well. I was going to pass out.

*FLASHBACK*

I got home from school and saw dad's car home. Shit. Anytime I saw him home I tried to avoid him and go straight to my room and lock the door.

I open the front door and instantly get hit in the face by the stench of alcohol. I know to look down and go straight to my room.

I get halfway up the stairs when I feel a tug.

"Where do you think you're going bitch?" I hear behind my head.

"Just to my room dad" I say shaking.

He pulls on my arm and I go tumbling down the stairs.

I have too many sharp pains to get up. I lay there crying knowing what's coming next.

"GET UP!" My dad yells as he kicks my side.

I struggle to get up and know the consequence if I don't.

I manage to stand up when my mom walks in. My dad turns his attention to her and that gives me just enough time to get up to my room.

I limp into my room and lock the door, instantly falling to the floor.

I hear banging on the door and my dad yelling, "YOURE A WORTHLESS PIECE OF SHIT, GET OUT OF THE HOUSE YOU FUCK UP."

I lay there crying.

*END OF FLASHBACK*

Demi's POV

I sit above Ashley and put a cold rag on her head. She's been out for about 10 minutes.

She starts to open her eyes and I feel relieved.

"Ashley I'm so sorry I let this happen I really am" I say crying.

"It's okay...I'm used to it" she whispered.

What did she mean she was used to it?

Has she been abused before? Why hasn't she told me?

"Where's Wilmer?" She asks.

"It's okay, Max took care of him. He won't be bothering us anymore." I say reassuringly.

I feel like I need to ask her about what she meant 'she's used to it', however I feel like now isn't the time.

I lay her down in bed and lay down with her.

She closes her eyes as if she was going to sleep but then she turns over to me, grabs my waist and kisses me.

"Thank you for being here for me" she says.

"Anytime baby". I kiss her forehead and let her sleep.

I hear a knock on the door and go to answer it. It's Marissa, my best friend.

"Hey Demi I need to talk to you" she says worrying.

I know exactly what she needs to talk about too.....

Authors note

Hey guys please leave some comments and let me know what you think. I love you all and you're the reason I write, please vote and comment ❤️