Chapter 36

[I am really sorry for not being able to upload so much... I am on holidays... TYSM for the 14k! It's totally absurd how I started and where I am now! Please make sure to comment!!! And vote! By the 40 votes there will be a new chapter.]

_

Alec held me tight. I buried my face in his shoulder and sighed out of relieving. It was my Alec. He was here and it was not some kind of a demon. Alec carefully pulled out of the hug and looked at me. He gave me a worried look. His eyes immediately followed onto my arm and he sighed.

"Why did you do that?" He asked as he activated my Iratze rune. The Iratze rune slightly tickled me and it formed a smile on my face. He was confused by my expression and I could see that he was smiling as well.

"I had to do something to get your attention." I said and Alec's eyes looked at me right away. His beautiful blue eyes were staring into mine. A playful smile formed on his lips.

"Get my attention?" He asked as he pulled me a bit closer. I smiled and let my hand rest on his chest. I bit my underlip and nodded. Alec almost looked in pain when I did that.

"What?" I asked with an evil grin on my face. Totally knowing that Alec was getting turned on. Alec was getting red and cleared his throat as he looked away from me.

"I think we need to go. Remember Christmas ball." He said and my eyes widened. He tried walking away but I grabbed him by his arm. He turned himself around and looked at me.

"Yeah?" He asked, totally ignoring the fact that we were just flirting. Why was he running away from it? I looked at him but did not say anything. For a while, we kept on staring like that at each other.

"So, euhm... When is this Christmas ball?" I asked and Alec looked at me, not really sure what he would say. I was just waiting for him to ask me out but he wasn't or was I being too feminist.

"Eight o'clock." He said and walked away. He left me completely startled behind. That was a new way to reject someone. I sighed and walked away. I bumped into someone and I looked up. It was Jace.

"Are you okay?" He asked me slightly worried and I nodded. He looked over at my hand and so did I. It was now healing a bit and it was not that bad anymore but it still hurts a bit.

"Are you sure?" He asked and I nodded. Jace looked at me but I tried to avoid it.

"Something is bothering you." He said and I shook my head. I was totally not bothered by Alec not asking me for the Christmas ball. "Nope." I said and started walking away from my big brother.

"Hey!" He shouted as I quickly ran away from him. Why did I run away from my brother? My behaviour was not making sense at all. Thanks to Alec Lightwood. I heard Jace running after me and I ran into someone, again.

"Watch out, fake shadowhunter." I heard a familiar voice say. I looked up and saw Maryse, Alec's mother. I quickly held my breathe in. The last time I was on her wrong side she slapped me. I swallowed and looked at her.

"It is fine. I was chasing her and in case if you forgot. My sister is more powerful than you can even imagine. So I think that makes you the fake shadowhunter." I heard Jace say and I gasped in shock as the last sentence came out of his mouth. I quickly looked over at Maryse who was furious. She gave Jace a look and left without saying anything else to us.

"Thank you." I breathed out when Maryse left. Jace chuckled when he saw how relieved I was that Alec's mother was gone. That woman gave me chills all over my body.

"You are really scared of her, aren't you?" Jace asked and I nodded honestly. I was terrified. She scared the shit out of me and I had no idea why. Her aura just gave me that expression. I felt sorry for Izzy and Alec for having her as a mother.

"Yes, I don't even fear Agramon that much as I fear Maryse." I said and Jace laughed. We both walked towards my room. I should get ready because Christmas would be in a few hours. Izzy did really make a beautiful plan.

"You still did not tell me what was bothering you," Jace said as we arrived at my room. He came inside and I sighed as I looked down.

"It is stupid." I said and looked at my brother. He gave me a warming smile which immediately made me feel relaxed.

"You know you can tell me anything? I am your big brother." He said and I nodded. His words made my heart flutter. The thought of having a family made me happier than I thought I would be. I wouldn't be alone anymore and Jace, my brother was making sure of that.

"It is Alec." I said and Jace's smile faded away. He looked furious. "I swear I am going to kill him." Jace said and was about to leave the room but I quickly shook my head which made him stop. He still looked furious but was willing to listen to me before lashing out on Alec.

"He did nothing wrong." I said quickly and pushed my brother back in my room and closed the door behind us, too afraid that Alec may be able to hear us. Jace looked at me in confusion and I knew he was not amused by it.

"Than why is Alec bothering you? I swear-" "Jace, calm down." I said and Jace seemed to relax. He sighed and sat down on the corner of my bed. I sat next to him and let my head rest on his shoulder. I always loved how overprotective he was over me because it showed how much he cared for me.

"He did not ask me out for the Christmas ball." I mumbled while looking down. When I looked up at my brother he was smiling. I sighed and rolled my eyes.

"I know. It is stupid." I said and Jace looked at me, trying to hold his laugh in. He shook his head but started to laugh right away. "And what if your brother took you?" He asked. I smiled.

"That would be perfect." I said and he nodded. "Be ready in an hour and if you are not I will drag you to the party in your underwear." He said and I laughed - and pushed him off my bed.

"Hey! That's mean!" He shouted as I heard his ass drop on the hard floor. He stood up and rubbed his ass softly - and looked at me as he pouted his lips. He was being dramatic.

"I will get you back for it." He said and I laughed again. "I would love to see you try." I said and he smiled. He left the room and I was alone again by myself.

[I know I promised a longer chapter but I wanted to upload so bad and I was not able to write further... I just came back from my holidays and I am so tired... But I hope you guys love it! ]