Chapter 23

Make sure you vote and comment!
__

"No, Simon I don't like him." I said out of disbelief. How did Simon even knew that I had an eye on Alec? I mean, was it that obvious?

"I know you do. Why are you lying to me?" Simon said and I sighed and rolled my eyes. I would never admit to anyone but only my brother that I have feelings for Alec because I would make a fool out of myself. The feelings were not mutual.

"What? No. I hate Alec." I said and I really hoped he was believing me. Knowing Simon he would start to make plans for me and Alec or tell Alec and I wouldn't want to embarrass myself like that. No, hell no.

"I don't believe you, Clary. I know you for so long. You are like a open book to me." He said. Why couldn't Simon let this go? I mean this wouldn't do me any good because Alec does not like me and he never will like.

"Simon, I don't like him. He is nothing to me than just my brother's friend. I will always hate him." I said. I heard Simon gasp and I knew that he took me serious. Finally, he just needed to hear some harsh words, in order for him to believe that I really disliked Alec.

Only the angel knows.... and Jace...

"I will call you later." I said and hang up before Simon could say anything. He annoyed me and now again I need to think of Alec. What did Agramon mean? His words ramble around in my mind and I sigh. I lay down on the bed and before my eyes closed, someone knocked on the door. I cursed the person and sighed.

"I am awake." I said. My eyes widened when I saw Liz walking in my room. She was the last person U expected to see here at this time. I mean, I think it was obvious to everyone that Liz and I were not getting along.

"Hey." She said. I gave her a small smile.

"Hey." I said. She closed the door behind her and sat on the chair in front of my bed. The curiosity inside me was growing and growing by each second that was passing by. Why was she here?

"I wanted to apologize. We didn't really start of a good." She said and looked down. I nodded. She wasn't the only one, who was wrong. It was me too... I judged her from the start I have met her.

"Me too." I said. Liz looked at me and I could tell that something was off about her.

"I am really sorry. I mean my father." She said and her eyes were glassy. I started feeling sorry for her. This was not what I wanted. I never put myself in her place. How would it be to know that your father is committing all these crimes?

"Hey... It's not your fault and besides that. We don't get to choose our parents." I said. I heard her chuckle and she smiled. In some ways, she reminded me of her cousin, Alec. Not like she looked like Isabelle or Alec but her behaviour matched with Alec a lot.

"Yeah, you are right." She said. I stood up from my bed and hugged Liz. She held my shoulders tight and started to cry. I was not surprised hearing her cry as I already could see that she was about to break down. She was done.

"It's alright. Everything will be okay. We will get him." I said and she nodded. She pulled out of the hug and stood up.

"I will kill you if you tell anyone about this." She sobbed as she was wiping away her tears. I laughed.

"Don't worry. No one will know." I said and she smiled and left my room. Who knew that Liz could be an emotional person? I mean she always was so tough.

I heard something fall and I quickly turned myself around to see what it was. I couldn't see anything or anyone. I raised my eyebrow and took a knife that was hidden under my chair. I quietly walked forward. I felt like something was behind me and I turned myself around but there was nothing. I sighed.

"You are just going insane." I said and sighed. I let my knife down and turned myself around to go to bed. With full of power, I got pushed. I flew against the door of Alec's room. The door broke and I rolled over it and my head touched his drawer. I grunted.

"What the hell?" I heard Alec say. I could hear from his voice that he was asleep. I breathed out and managed to stand up.

"Clary!" I heard Alec scream. I looked in front of me and saw a figure standing. His whole body was burned and his eyes were black, fully black. I looked afraid at the figure. He grabbed my neck and pushed me against the wall. I screamed out of fear and I saw Alec jumping out of bed.

"Who are you?!" I screamed at the monster in front of me. He smiled which gave me chills all over my body. His smile was pure evil.

"You will know soon enough." He growled. Alec aimed a bow at him and one went right through him but he did not even flinch. He smiled and looked behind him. He let me fall and I coughed and looked at the monster walking towards Alec.

My heart was beating out of my chest. Was he going to hurt Alec? My first instinct was to run towards them. I pushed Alec away and the monster smiled.

"Love made you weak." He said. I was still confused who this was and how he managed to get inside the institute. What the hell was he talking about? Agramon said the same thing to Alec and this monster was telling me this now.

"No, it doesn't." I heard Alec yell and he took a seraph blade and stabbed him. The monster grunted and with a slap Alec flew against the wall and he escaped himself.

"Alec!" I screamed. I ran towards him. It was like my heart was giving up. I did not want to know what had happened to him. I just hoped he was alright. I heard him grunting and I looked at him. Out of relieve, I hugged him.

"No, Clary." He breathed out. He pushed me gently away from him. He stood up and left me clueless alone in his broken bedroom. Confused I stayed behind. What was this about? Why did Alec behave n that way? What did I do wrong now?

I stood up and walked to the hallway where I collapsed on the ground. My legs were weak and my vision was blurry. I sighed.

"Don't be weak." I said to myself. With difficulty, I stood up and walked to my room. Every step that I took was hurting like hell. The monster was powerful, really powerful. I sighed and got in bed. I just needed to sleep it off. The pain would go away.

My room door opened and I sighed annoyed. I just wanted to sleep. Can't they leave me alone for a few hours? I looked up and saw my brother, Jace walking towards me.

"Jace, I am so sleepy." I said and hid my face in my pillow.

"I just wanted to make sure that you were alright." He told me and I sighed and nodded.

"I am okay." I said annoyed.

"Well, goodnight." He said and walked out of my room.

I lifted my head up and my eyes widened when I saw that the pillow was covered with blood. Quickly I stood up and changed my bed covers. I don't want everyone to think that I was weak. I could do this. I could do this whole shadowhunter thing. Bleeding was normal here. But not that much my subconscious reminded me and I mentally rolled my eyes at myself.

I stepped in bed and laid down. I just needed to sleep it off. I would be okay tomorrow. I will.