Chapter 21

Will's Pov

She's still asleep next to me. I've missed this since she moved. I love how perfectly we fit. Right now, our legs are tangled together, our arms are around each other, and her head is tucked under my chin. She is the most perfect person.
Usually, she wakes up first, but I guess all the events from yesterday tired her out. I smile at the memory of how last night ended. Maybe she'll accept me now. It eased my pain a lot to have completed part of the mating bond with her. All we must do now is mark each other.
Still there matters yet to resolve. This is a step forward, but it's not at all a resolution to all things. I've made a million mistake that I can never take back and I owe so many explanations. For now, though maybe we can find some sort of solace.
Lost in my thoughts I almost fail to notice her waking. She seems to contemplate our new situation just as I did. I want to say something, but I don't; there are too many things to say. This feels like it warrants so much more than a simple 'good morning', however, I'm scared that I'll ruin our fragile peace with amends I don't even know how to begin to make. So, I don't.
We begin to go about our morning as we did not long ago. We wash up and go downstairs where the rest of the pack is just beginning to rise. In Hope's absence, I assigned people to be on rotation for all the household chores including cooking. Remembering how much work I had to assign everyone just to keep the place function feels like another slap in the face. Hope immediately tries to take over the workload from everyone.
"Hope it's okay you don't have to do anything right now alright?", she looks back over her shoulder at me and blushes.
"I know I just don't want to be a burden", she says. She is the most considerate person I've ever met in my life.
I smile at her, " you could never be a burden but, if it bothers you, we could find something for you to do. For now, let's get some breakfast okay?". She nods in silent agreement with her cheeks still tinted pink.
Today for the first time she sits in the Luna's seat as we eat. Before we usually just got food before anyone else got up and ate in my room as not to cause her any more anxiety than necessary. I can tell the pack feels a sense of serenity to be eating with their Luna.
Due to me being the alpha and being selected she also inadvertently reject being the pack's Luna. I know everyone felt terrible regret to have abused her in the past. That night everyone was so stunned that no one spoke and I heard from my Beta that the boys who embarrassed her that night apologized soon after. The pack must be feeling relieved to see us together.
We all eat and enjoy how much cherries the atmosphere is now that she's here. The pack is back to the talkative joyous way it used to be.
After eating we start back to her home. Winter is fast approaching so I gave one of my coats, which has the bonus of engulfing her in my scent which is rather appealing. I'm enjoying just walking beside her.
"We need to talk", she says suddenly interrupting my train of thought, "where are we going?". We stop walking and I think for a second.
"I'm not sure how to get there but, I know that I love you and I can't imagine my world without you in it," I tell her.
"I feel the same way, it's just that I still look at you and even though I can see such wonderful things I still see your violent temperament", she's right of course. How could anyone not see such a blatant trait of mine?
"I'm willing to change", I say, "I know that I've made so many terrible mistakes in the past but, if you stay, I know I can change".
"There's only one way I can think of that either of us could begin to heal and despite my fear, I want things to get better", she looks into my eyes and says, "I accept you as my mate". I can't believe what i just heard and my wolf is howling with joy. A smile overtakes my face and pick her up twirling her in the air. I've never been happier in my life.

.....a

........
When the Pieces Fall is coming to an end soon my dudes. I will sincerely miss writing it; however, I have the first few chapters of a new book out already of the next book in the series. So, if you can't get enough of Will and Hope's struggles then you're gonna love All the Thing Between Us. I appreciate each and every one of you guys.
One more thing I wanted to say is I know some of you probably see yourself in at least of my main characters. So, if you ever find yourself feeling as shitty as one of them please don't be afraid to reach out to me. I've been down that road before and I understand.

 I've been down that road before and I understand