Chapter 16

Will's Pov

I stare at the door with a heavy heart. I've stood here for hours to no avail. I can hear her up in her room sobbing. The sound brings me nothing but pain. All I ever do is hurt her. This is all my fault. Nearly every tear she's ever cried has been my fault. For that, I hate myself even more.
I'm sure I look like a mess right now with mussed hair and red eyes. My hands are clenched into fists so hard at my sides my nails are digging into my making my skin break and my palms sweat with more than just nerves. The worst of it is I haven't cleaned myself at all since the torturing of Dr. Azur and I'm sure she can smell the blood and misery drenching my shirt from here.
Rage had just consumed me when the realization hit. How could she let me hurt my own mate? Now that I think of it why did I get away with hurting anyone for that matter? Regardless of what I thought my actions all these years were entirely unjustified.
This was all sparked by nothing more than a child's gossip. Why did no one care to talk any sense into me sooner?
I realize there's only one person that could possibly help her right now and it breaks my heart that it isn't me. With a heavy heart, I begin my trek once again to my parents' home.

Omega Pov

I don't mean to, but the tears keep streaming down. I feel so weak and scared. Insecurities swarm around me bringing on, even more, anxiety. He's never going to change and one day he'll probably hurt me again.
He left a while ago at least so I feel somewhat safer than I did. There is no threat on the other side of my door. That's what he is, a threat. It's a heartbreaking notion. Despite knowing I am safer I miss the comfort of knowing my mate was near.
Lost in thought I barely hear the small knock at my front door.
"Hope? Please open the door Hun," calls the Luna's voice. I can't remember the last time I heard her speak. Since her and her mate's retiring, they have both been rather secluded. Will must have sent her. Regardless of who sent her, it is my first instinct to appease my Luna.
I pull myself off the bed and stand on quivering legs. Somehow managing to stumble down the stairs to reach the door. My hesitant fingertips turn the coal metal lock. With a final breath to prepare myself, I slowly open the door.
There she stands the picture of elegance. She is even further proof that I could never be a Luna. Will and I could never be together as I would only disgrace him. I would never have anything resembling the perfection that a Luna has.
I bow before her in respect. Then surprising me, she suddenly pulls me into a hug. She had always been somewhat of a motherly figure to those around her so I'm not too shocked.
"I'm so sorry dear," she says, "may I come in?". I nod my head as I'm too exhausted to speak and she pulls away. I lead her to sit on the couch that her son helped me with not long ago. She sits down with the grace of a queen while I myself sit across from her in a loveseat.
"I don't even know where to begin," she says me, " I guess I should start with the most important stuff and tell you what brings me here today".
"I'm aware of what you had to see today and for that, I am truly sorry. Though I ask that you give my son another chance even If he doesn't really deserve one he is still my child and I think you both deserve a chance at happiness that only a mate can bring,".
"I'm afraid that he thought Dr. Azure was aware of you being mates a decided to punish her accordingly," she says. After that, I lose focus on her words. I knew Dr. Azure was catching onto what was wrong with me and so I distanced myself from her more so she wouldn't see as much of my pain and tell Will the truth. I was so scared he'd hurt me when he learned we were mates that I put her in danger. This is my fault. I am a disgrace to my pack

 I am a disgrace to my pack