Chapter 17

Will pov

It had been days since my mom talked to Hope and I haven't seen her since. I've holed myself up in my office and have focused on nothing but my work. The pain of rejection has become too unbearable now that I can't even bring myself to face her, what little relief I had from her presence has dissipated. The worst of it is at night because even though we no longer shared a bed thinking back on my day with her used to give me a sort of bliss. Shadows have now darkened under my eyes to near black with my newfound insomnia. Even now it's one a.m. and yet here I am doing paperwork knowing that at four I have to lead training and then attend school at six.

I rub away the soreness from my eyes and let out a sigh. I hate this. It's funny how a short time ago I was happy with my life. I hate myself more though because I know I can only blame myself for my current situation.

My ears perk up at the sound of the door creaking open. Removing my hands from my eyes I look up to see an unwelcome sight. Cassie leaning against the door frame in a pose that I guess is supposed to mimic arousing. Maybe it would be if a certain someone else stood before me in such a way. My mind going to my beautiful mate and I growl at the fact that Cassie is continuing to pursue me despite my last talk with her.

She seems to confuse my growl of anger for one of lust and a sly smirk settles over her face as she nearly lunges at me. Before I can react, she's straddling me with her hands groping at the flesh of my abdomen. I immediately stand forcing her to fall to the floor.

"Get out!", I roar practically shaking the whole house. My body quakes with anger and I struggle to hold back my wolf from shredding her to pieces. I can feel my eyes shifting back and forth between colors. Cassie never the type to give up stands again not backing away.

"Come on Will I can tell that pathetic mate of yours isn't doing anything for you", she says going as far to press her hand to my upper thigh. Just as I'm about to truly lose it and rip her head from her body I feel another presence.

Turning my attention away from Cassie I look again to the door to see my mate there with tears in her eyes. I quickly realize what my and Cassie's position to an onlooker as Hope turns away.

"Wait Hope please", I'm interrupted by another voice, "come on baby let her go and we can have some fun". Not even looking I throw her across the room barely noticing the sickening crunch of her impact. I run after my mate who luckily has only made it about halfway down the hall. Her head hangs low and her body shakes with the sobs escaping her lips. I place my hand on her shoulder to stop her. She turns to me with a tear stained face.

"Please let me explain", desperation leaks into my voice.

"It's okay I knew this would happen soon enough. The pack needs a Luna. Just please don't make me be an omega again. I'll even leave the territory if you'd like", at the mention of her leaving fear pounds my heart. She can never leave. She lets out a little squeak as I scoop her up into my arms and begin near running to my room.

"Alpha what are you doing", I don't miss how she called me by my title instead of my name.

"Mine", I growl my usual behavior giving way to something more primal. She's shaking in my arms likely scared of me. Arriving at my location I kick my door open and go to set her down on my bed. Once I'm satisfied that she's seated comfortably I start pacing back and forth in front of her. I tug at my hair frustrated with not knowing what to do from here.

"Alpha are you-", she doesn't get to finish her sentence because at the word the sound of her saying my title again I drop to a knee in front of her and take her hands into mine.

"You can't leave Hope, you can't ever leave okay?", my tone pleading with her, "I love you".

She sighs, "you don't love me, you only think you do because of the bond. You've said yourself a million times, I'm unlovable. Please just let me go I'd rather be a rogue".

Omega pov

His eyes visibly widen at my words before he cringes back as though in pain.
"You can't go", he says to his self than to me. I finally made his eyes to see they have turned near completely black. He is no longer himself. I shrink back in fear. The moment he notices my movement he throws himself over me. I freeze under him not knowing what to do. Is he going to hurt me?
Instead, I feel something worse. His lips meeting the juncture of my neck and shoulder. I begin to thrash under him. I, of course, could never overpower him. Tears stream down my face by the realization that he is going to force a mark onto my skin. Panic consumes me.

 Panic consumes me