Answers

*(Y/N) pov*
......

Well this was awkward.

Thomas had invited the cops in. He offered them a drink and they were both sipping tea. They sat on the end of the couch. I sat on the foot holder part of the couch and Thomas,Joan,and Talyn sat on the couch. Logan was in the corner,just standing there.

One of them was the sterotypical big burly cop guy. The other was scrawny and a little shaky. Like he was scared. He kept glancing up at me. I tried to smile once but he hastily looked away.

The burly cop put down his tea cup.
"Well,onto business I suppose." We all just kinda sat there. I mean,what do you do in this kind of situation? Act like they didn't come in on you causing some thing of light distortion thing?

The burly copped pulled out his laptop form its satchel. He typed in a few things and looked like he read a bit. "Hmm...Talyn?" Taly looked up. "Do you mind to remove your hoodie flap for a second?"

I was confused until Talyn complied and she had- "Neko." I breathed out.

Talyn smiled and her ears flopped up. Unlike Virgils,they were used orange like her hair. Since it was entirely white, I guess she was a white cat neko?

Why do I think like I know this? Like this is familiar, if normal?

The cop nodded. "You check out. Thank you." He turned to Joan. "Joan? I will need to see the head too."

Joan sighed and pulled off his beanie. As he did,something became apparent.

"Horns?" Joan nodded. "Satyr." He replied. "Like...half goat?" I asked. My mind was racing with all the ways that couldve happened.

Joan smiled. "Mom was one. So I got passed the genes. Only the horns and some earthy magic." He said.

I blinked. This was...a lot. So, ok, hold up. So this world, OUR world, has...creatures? And they all have powers?

The cop turned to Thomas. "Tho-" "Logans in the corner, the other 3 are away."

I panicked inside. How can he say his be great secret so casually?! And to the police no less!

The police nodded. "Still able to summon on command?" He asked. Thomas nodded.

....

HOW DO THE POLICE KNOW ABOUT SUMMONING AND IS SO CALM?!

I need some sleep.

The skinny cop spoke up for the first time. "Can you show us?" He asked in a scared tone.

Thomas nodded and with a small smile, patton ,roman ,and Virgil popped up.

They all looked a little worried. "Thomas! You offered them tea and cookies? I'm proud of you." Patton said, moving to stand by Logan.

"Hello there,princes of this world!" Roman exclaimed. The skinny guy seemed to relax at that. Roman amd Patton were too kind.

And then he saw Virgil.

He stood in his usual corner. "Now Virgil. Be nice. Now." Patton said. Virgil sighed and walked over beside me. "Hey." He sat down beside me,his back against mine.

It was hard to hide the blush but I managed for once. I then noticed the police typing things in,probably notes.

He looked up at me. "(Y/N) your turn." He said.
".....my turn for what?" I asked.
The cop raised an eyebrow. "Your ability." He said.
"....what ability?" I asked. The cop tilted his head and tapped away, moving his finger over the touchpad. "Lets see.....severe case of 'Ability sickness'..."

I tilted my head. "What's that?" The skinny cop spoke up. "Its a disease you get by negeclting to use your ability. Most cases aren't bad but yoy havent used it in so long...." He looked at Logan.

I turned to look at logan too. "What...." I looked at the cop. "You can see them too?" I asked. They both looked at each other.

"Ma'am....what do you remember about your ability?" The skinny one asked. I shook my head. "Not much...until the crash everything was normal. Nothing about abilities and such."

The big cop sighed and stood up. "This is ridiculous. Were leaving." He made his way to the door. The other cop stood up. "W-wait! Shouldn't we-?" The bog cop held out his hand. "They can explain everything. Our job is done. Lets go." And with that,he left. The skinny cop gave a look like  'sorry' before he left with him.

We all sat in silence.

"...explain Please? I need answers?" I said to everyone but no one.

I felt a hand reach over and grab my hand. "I'm sorry (Y/N)" Virgil murmered behind me. He had turned around and he gently pushed me back onto him so I was laying on his chest with my back.

"...I think I may be of the most assistance in this scenario." I heard Logan say and walk towards me.

I felt him kneel down to my level. "(Y/N)...I can give you all the answers I can." I nodded. "Please.." I begged.

Logan nodded. "(Y/N)...this world is filled with creatures and beings only known in fantasy books...theres people that are halflings,people that are half animal and human, creatures like satyrs and dragons, and people that can do amazing things with their mind...like you and Thomas." Logan said.

I was silent for a bit. "What's Thomas?" I asked. "Thomas can astal project in a way. Only parts of his mind though. And we have our own mind." He said.

"And...and me?" I asked.
My heart was racing. It literally hurt.
"(Y/N)...you are very special...you are able to control the elements while being an empath." He said.

"Wait I have t-two?" I asked? Logan nodded. "Usually you only get one for your parents. But some can have their own. You have the elemental ability because your father had it. But it was diluted compared to you. You became an empath because of your heart." He said.

".....so....what's this mean?" I asked. "You can do anything concerning the elements and are able to connect with others and even use others feelings. Like pattons now. You are staying calm because of him." He said.

I looked over at patton who was smiling softly. Its...its true.....I don't know why but it is....

"I....." I said.

"I think I'm gonna pass out again." I managed to say.

And I was true to my word.

I passed out in Virgils arms. He held me close. "Youre safe." He said.

And it all went black....

Again....

Sorry this took so long. Ive thought of many ways this could go but I find this to be the best. Sorry again.