Chapter 19

hey guys! really; really; sorry for the wait but hopefully i'll be able to get the chapters out sooner from now on!

my grammar and spelling has improved while I was on break so yay! I read the first chapter and wanted to die there were so many mistakes ew

enjoy! uwu

(hopefully this chapter is worth the wait heh)

***Chapter Start***

**Your POV**

"S-Sans...? No, it can't be," you began to shake wildly and your eyes darted around. What was this? Where were you? Sans got up from his chair with a concerned smile as usual and took one; just one; step towards you. This of course only freaked you out more. Tears dripped down your face while you hugged your legs. You let out a wild scream, sounding nothing like you. It was raspy and horrible. Your back hurt. So much. No, wait, everything hurt. Doctors came streaming into the room, words of comfort hushing directly into your ears. You slowly looked up only to see Sans sitting on the bed in front of you. "Wait, how is this possible? Where am I?"

"are you going to freak out again, or can I talk now," he said with a sigh. You nodded your head respectfully and silently apologized. He nodded as well and began to speak. "okay, so you've been asleep. not only asleep, first you were lost. we had no idea where you were. we meaning basically the whole town since you were very popular with everyone. you were found in a park, laying against a tree in bad conditions. they brought you to the hospital and called me later, mentioning that you were asleep and getting a little better but not by much. i've been here ever since the six years," he finished softer than he began. You gave a soft smile of reassurance, before your eyes crinkled in sorrow and your frown returned. "I...I'm sorry. I don't really remember a lot, mostly from I guess the dream I was having-"

"No, that m-might not have b-been a dream," to your left was Alphys. She was nervous as always but was still sporting the white doctors coat. However there was a black dress underneath. "Alphys? What do you mean by that? So it was real," you muttered the last bit. She furrowed her eyebrows and continued to speak. "Well, it c-could have; possibly; been a p-parallel universe. You of course, b-being you, would have t-taken the mind of you in t-that universe. This would have caused the r-real you to fall into a d-deep coma," Alphys said with confidence. You looked towards Sans, then back at Alphys. Neither of them had a face that they were joking. You took a deep breath, smiling. "Well, at least I'm here now, right?"

Sans nodded quick, and Alphys flashed you a smile. "Wait, how many years did you say I was in the brain-turn off thingy? Coma, same thing," you said in an attempt to lighten the mood. "six years. six years I had to live without you. six years we had to live without you. it was a long wait, but I think it was worth it. it's been so long. its been so long," Sans finished with tears in his eyes. He had repeated several things, making it clear to you that your disappearance had hurt a lot of people. "it wasn't your fault, of course. so don't blame yourself for it. it was your brain thinking it could do something that it wasn't supposed to do. in fact, Alphys thinks it may be a scientific breakthrough, which from what I learned at my time with science is that you've made a huge discovery. on accident. parallel universes. who would have thought," he laughed, "that you would accidentally discover parallel universes," he ended with a chuckle. You smiled as well, and the room seemed brighter. You seemed happier. Sans' smile; for once in six years; was real. He was happy. He was happy because you were there. His best friend. Friend. "So when will I be able to leave this room?"

"Ah w-well, we will be able to s-sign you out very s-soon, maybe a couple weeks depending on which t-tests we need to run," Alphys answered quickly with a smile. You three chatted away for a few hours, and they filled you in on everything you need to know. Alphys and Undyne were married, and that made her the happiest dinosaur alive. You were sour about missing the wedding, but extremely happy nonetheless. That was the biggest news around so far. Oh, and that you were on the surface in some place called America. This got you excited and you asked questions for about an hour before all of them were answered.

**??????'s POV**

Ah, Y/N. Finally awake after all of this time. Through a window I see every movement, although you can't see me. I'll give you time. I'll give you lots of time. But then, you're done.

**Your POV**

You let out a shudder but soon shook the feeling off. There could be nothing wrong, right? This is the surface, after all! How exciting, how exciting. "Hey, I'm getting kind of tired," you yawned in exhaustion which only proved your point.
The others nodded, saying their goodbyes and leaving you to sleep. As you looked out of the window, you noticed that the sky had become a dark purple and blue. It was pretty. You stared at the ceiling for a while, contemplating everything that had just happened. You had absolutely no way to confirm any of this was real, just like the dream world.

After all, time is a concept and you are an experiement.

Wait, what-
Was...was that you? Whatever, it was surely nothing. Just imagination.
Looking out of the window you took a deep breath once again, staring out at the free world you'd once be im before embracing a deep sleep.

***chapter end***
I hope you guys enjoyed!!! sorry for the late update ughhfhfj

❤,
Fluff