Chapter Seven

Out with this Feeling

The water from outside is hearable in the room its beautiful melody makes my lashes flutter and eyes open to the bright room. ..! At my first muscle movement I feel a pressure on my breast. S-Saizo?! He is asleep on my breast?! I lay there for a moment blinking. Last night.. my cheeks rosed at the thought. I do not want to wake him. I just look at his beautifully serene expression.

"Why do you stare?" Saizo says annoyingly, his eyes open slowly.

"..! You're awake?!"

"I have been," he says.

"Then why do you continue to lay on me?!" I say in a sharp tone my face flushing red as sake. Why does he tease me like this?!

"Shush," he says covering my mouth. Ah..! There are voices coming from outside the sliding doors. Saizo gets up and puts his ear to the door, and I follow. Saizo gives me a face to stay quiet and I just pout in return. It's Hanzo..

"..about your marriage problem, Hanzo. Have you found a eligible woman?" The head chief says chipper. 

"Father! Why do you bring such things out of no where?"

"Well it is something you must get to eventually Hanzo, by the look on your face I see you have someone in mind." I hear him chuckle. 

"...!" 

"I am guessing it is Princess Nanami who has caught your attention hasn't she?"

"Father!!.."

"Ah Hanzo you cannot tell a lie when your face is so red. You are as easy to read as a book." It was true Master Hanzo was an open book. My body tensed as they spoke of me. They left the hallway with constant teasing.

"It seems Master Hanzo has taken a liking to you," Saizo smiles slightly.

"..." 

"Master Hanzo has title. A good man to marry especially when you are you. Marrying isn't a choice for people like us." Saizo says, what does he mean by that? I remember him saying he wasn't interested in happiness with a woman.

"..." I said nothing. I tried to read Saizo's face but could not tell what he was feeling unlike last night. It was different, he looked at me as if he cared for me. Maybe I was wrong but I could only feel a pain in my chest. Of course, he doesn't like me.

"Why are you sulking?" he snapped. 

"I-I'm not sulking!" He sighs and fixed the tatami. I stood there.

"So are you going to marry?"

"Ah.. it isn't a choice really."

"You don't want too?" I walked to him.

"I will accept who ever is chosen for me," he says plainly and looks up at me. His eyes were in mine. Ah.. don't blush Nanami..

Later around noon I practiced with Kuma. The thrashing of the wood made a scratchy sound. (CLONK) 

"You seem distracted Princess. Would you like to talk about whatever on your mind?" Kuma looked at me. I wiped the sweat on my brow. I guess Kuma is the only woman I can really talk too.. and it really isn't healthy to keep all this to myself. The thought of marriage didn't leave my mind with Saizo this morning.

"..are you interested in marriage Kuma?"

Kuma looked a bit down after I said that. "I am very much so. As a female ninja I have a variety of choices.. but." she paused for a moment. "A man like Master Hanzo could achieve a greater woman than me. All of the ninja here must marry. We must pass down our genes. Its a must." I knew Kuma had a liking towards Master Hanzo but I dint know she looked for marriage with him.