Chapter 3 "Curiosity"

ابدأ من البداية

"Thank you, Ms. Harrington."

"Although...I'm kind of curious about one thing..." I trailed off when I noticed her narrowed her eyes for a fleeting moment, and I mustered up my stern expression to let her know I was getting serious, "tell me Alex...why a black rose?" I asked, recalling the articles I had read about a black rose tattoo symbolism, which, by the way, the results were actually gripping. For me, Alex wasn't just a person who would do something without thinking things thoroughly, and I bet she wouldn't just get a tattoo without a reason. Sure, maybe she just liked to get tattooed, and I was just thinking too much, but it couldn't hurt if I put meanings to some things I had noticed about her.

Eventually, I noticed her right brow twitched once again, causing me to suspect something...Could it be the twitching of her eyebrow, her tic when someone asked her personal questions?

"Honestly, Ms. Harrington...I just like what it symbolizes..." she said forbiddingly as her gaze was getting intense behind those glasses. The light atmosphere around us immediately turned into something intolerable, and all I could do was stare right back at her, trying to search for something in her eyes. 

"And what does your rose particularly symbolize, Alex?" I slowly asked. She pursed her lips, and didn't answer right away, until I felt the car had reduced it speed, and slowly pulled to a stop, unfortunately.

She suddenly smiled, "We're here, Ms. Harrington," she announced lightheartedly, making me clench my jaw at the perfect interruption. Without another word, she eventually opened her side of the door, and quickly got out of the car while I let out a sigh of disappointment, before getting out of the car as well. I straightened my dress, and flashed her a small smile as she waited for me, and together, we walked towards the restaurant in silence. 

As soon as I got in, my eyes instantly darted from corner to corner, scanning the entire room, and I admit, the place was fancy, I could see why Ethan had picked out this restaurant as the venue for our engagement party. The furniture, and modern designs really made the place appealing, and adding to the allure was the pleasant vibe I was getting...but after all these things, I wasn't really feeling it as I wanted our engagement party to be held surrounded by nature, like in a beach or in a backyard, where I could easily take a breather if the party would get too much for me.

"This place is fancy," Alex commented as she was now standing next to me. I was probably spacing out that I didn't eventually notice her presence.

I nodded, "Yeah..."

"Do you like it here Ms. Harrington?" she queried calmly.

"Yeah," I answered halfheartedly. She didn't respond eventually, and I felt her burning gaze on my side, causing me turn to look at her. 

"But you don't look excited as you were before, Ms. Harrington..." she plainly stated, and I cocked my brow, thinking that she was probably observing without me noticing.

"I like the place Alex...but yeah, honestly, I prefer a different venue, I just...I don't feel like it here."

Her expression had slightly softened, "Then why don't you tell your fiance about it."

I let a sarcastic chuckle, "How I wish he would listen Alex, besides...everyone likes it here," I said as I briefly roamed my gaze.

"Why wouldn't he listen? He's your fiance."

"It's...complicated...but enough about me, I wanna know more about you Alex, my personal assistant," I said, watching her expression, and as I expected, her tic had appeared once again. "I answered your questions, at least answer mine?" I added after a moment, feeling hopeful. She pursed her lips as she looked at me with searching eyes, but it didn't take long when I noticed her took a deep breath.