"Fair enough and Samantha don't cry please you're a very brave girl and I'm proud of you."

"Thanks, Edward." I whispered into the phone and clicked it shut. I was really desperate to be with someone and somehow I was feeling that this was another feather in Edwards cap and another favour among the thousands one he had all ready done for me. I was still trying to call and inform Nick about Mel but I could only reach his voicemail again and again and he never replied. I was practically sick myself by the next day and Mel was having dizzy attacks and could not talk much. In the evening the doctor called me in his office and I was really scared.

"Samantha have you told Miss Melina's grandson about her?" Now that was a very good question indeed.

"I have been trying to contact him doc but he has not answered my calls. But why do you ask that?"

"Actually Miss Melina has started mumbling his name in between the dizzy spells. So I think it would be a good idea if she meets him, she's desperate."

"I'll try my best doc, was there anything else?"

"Yes actually, Melina is in a very bad shape and she's also on drip and I think she is getting dizzy attacks due the lack of energy. She needs a lot of medication and if she cannot cope up ... then I'm afraid we won't be able to ... help her."

"NO! No please no, you have to save her please she's the only family I have." The thought just tore from my heart.

"I'm sorry." He bent his head down and I knew it was time to leave, I went home and took the coldest shower of my life all I could think was how Mel could be fine and how in hell was I ever going to contact Nick. Where in hell was he? I had left like twenty-fucking-messages in his voicemail. I just couldn't sleep, I reflected back my days with her. How she had helped me to settle in and how we had gone to parks and talked nonsense, how we had sat and watched matches. I was feeling so low by the thought that I won't have her next to me.

I don't know when I dozed off in the night but I woke up when my cell phone rang.

"Hello, Miss Samantha I'm speaking from the hospital you have to come down here immediately. Miss Melina is not well." I practically ran from the house in my pyjamas and went straight to the hospital. I went to the doctor.

"What's wrong?" I practically shouted at the doctor.

"Melina had a heart attack." He stated, I was so gob smacked it took me a minute to realise what the doctor had said.

"What? No ... no ... no ..."

"I'm sorry she's in a critical shape."

My phone rang, it was Edward.

"Hello?" my voice was so shaken.

"Sammy, I'm at the airport. Coming?"

"Yeah." I muttered and shut my phone down I was in a giddy shape. But still I went to the airport and as soon as I saw Edward, I ran towards him and buried my head in his chest and started crying my heart out.

His arms came around me and he crushed me into him.

"Oh, Sammy, sshhh sweetheart. Mel is going to be all right. I promise."

"No ... she isn't she got ... a heart attack ... in the ....morning." I hiccuped the whole sentence and as soon as the words came out of my mouth I started crying even harder.

"Sshhh baby stop crying, you'll get sick yourself." His hands were moving up and down my back and instead of the circumstances, there was a tingling feeling in my stomach, I was just so comfy around him, he always had that effect on me.