"I don't mind telling you, but the news is .... Bad. "

I was really annoyed to acknowledge the fact that I was afraid. Really afraid.

"Actually she says she slipped but I'm pretty sure it was because she was dizzy. You see, when we got her heart X-rays we got to know that she has a heart problem which even she doesn't know about and it's high time. She can't live healthily after like a year or so, she can only survive on drips then. "

I thought I was going to faint. I really was.

"Are you all right, Miss?" I heard the doctors' voice but all that was going through my mind was that Mel cannot live. I would loose my mother yet again. I gulped back my sob and ran out of the office. I just could not stand there and listen to the doctor telling me that I was gonna loose Melina for ever, just the mere thought of that fact send a shiver down my spine. I remembered the day when I had come home and seen my mother lying on the floor, loosing her was painful beyond words but then I acknowledged the fact that she never really loved me and deep down I knew I had always blamed my self for her death and I don't want it to be the same with Melina as well. I loved her dearly and she loved me too. She had too. I knew I really wanted to talk to Edward only he knew what I could do in this situation.

I dialled his number.

"Hello" Edward answered.

"Edward, I want to talk to you, are you free?" My voice was shaking so badly.

"Are you all right?" At this question my tears took over totally I started sobbing.

"Hey sweetheart what happened?" Edward asked.

"I'm in the .... Hospital. "

"What? Are you okay? " His voice was almost harsh and worried sick.

"It's not me ... its ... Melina."

There was a pause at the other line and it only increased my tears.

"Oh Edward Mel fell down the stairs today ... she's on a cast, she told the doc that she slipped but the doc says she has a heart problem ... her fall was because of the dizziness and that she ... cannot ... live ... much ... longer. I'm so helpless ... I can't do anything Edward ... if she leaves me I'll ... die too. " I was crying so hard I couldn't even hear what Edward was saying I knew I was going to faint if I dint stop so I leaned into the wall for support.

"Listen to me Sammy, don't cry okay, just stop crying, Mel is going to be all right, I promise, I'm coming down over there okay, you have to calm down, Mel needs you right now, you have to be strong for her."

"I can't Edward, I love her more than my own mother you know how I was when my mum ..... Died I was shattered, if Melina dies ......" I couldn't continue.

"Listen I'm coming there I'll be down by day after tomorrow. Are you all alone?"

"Yes I tried to contact Nick but he is not replying to my calls."

"Christ! Is that guy deaf?" he was agitated I could tell, but he was the only one I could trust completely and shares my thoughts with. But that's when I remembered Avina and that Edward had gone there to complete a project. I just can't rely upon him now; things had started to be difficult between us. But still like some idiot I had called him and asked him to come to my rescue.

"Listen I'm sorry I called you like this but I had to talk to somebody and you don't have to come down here, please I'll be fine." I tried to reassure him but I knew I failed.

"Don't be ridiculous I do have to come for the wedding too." He was angry.

"Okay call me from the airport, I'll come to pick you up."