Chapter 30 Stripping for Murder

Jorge and George led the way with the three of us following close behind. I had to let go of their hands in order to keep up a reputation I didn’t want to spoil  as we traveled into the dimly lit club. The back exit door had led us into a bar that looked like it used to be in pristine condition; made of oak with a nice stain. But that stain was gone and now the only stains were of beer and cheap whiskey glass rims. I looked around confused until I saw a rolly polly of a man wobble into the room that was filled with chairs and a large stage decorated with an ominous gold pole and blood red curtains.

“Ms. Baracada, it’s a pleasure to finally meet you. I’m Todd,” he said shaking my hand in his giant fist. I smiled politely before dropping the look to one of menace.

“It’s Senorita Baracada,” I corrected with a glare until he cracked a small grin.

“Of course, of course.  I am deeply sorry Senorita Baracada. These must be your friends,” he said sincerely before motioning to Alicia and Becca who stood behind me. Even though they were behind me, they were not in coward like poses. Their heads held high and spine straight like I had taught them.

“Yes, my secretaries and ladies in waiting. This is Alicia Rose and Rebecca Louise,” I said as they shook his hand with a feather like grip.

“The pleasure is mine. Follow me for your private room to set up,” He said while wobbling to a doorway that read ‘employees only’. The quarters were empty with a wall lined with mirrors and vanities; at least twenty. There were all sorts of things on the surfaces: curling wands, straighteners, leather crops, nipple tassels, hot glue guns, cheap mascara, foundation, and a shit load of platform heels.

“You will be considered new employees to the other girls tonight to protect your identities. They’re all pretty fucking ditsy so as long as you act stupid, they won’t notice a thing. You can pick whichever dressing table you wish and you will have one act each. They span an entire song of your choice and of course an outfit must match it. You will have an hour between acts. In that time, the majority of the girls do lap dances, private dances, or help waitress for extra cash. But you will be adhering to your orders,” He said nodding to Tommy who stood grinning like a five year old with his hand caught in the cookie jar.

“Your teams’ room will be located through the closet in a room we kept alcohol in during prohibition,” Todd said while leading us through the closet stuffed with boas, nurses outfits, lingerie, and short skirts. Sure enough, at the back of the closet behind a pile of shoes stood a door unnoticeable to people scanning the room. He opened it to reveal a whole set up with TV’s, microphones, five laptops, and an abundance of weaponry. “If you girls need anything throughout the night, you can come here,” He explained as we stepped back out of the room.

“Todd, thank you so much for your generosity. We’ll send the girls out to run through their routines in a half hour, but for now we have to brief them of their real jobs,” Jorge said shaking the man’s hand and closing the door. Leaving a whole crew of the mafia in the tech room too small for twenty five.

“He wants me at a strip club?” I asked with a growl as I stared down George.

“Yes because our prey are sleazy people with no lives. Now take a seat,” Jorge said directing us to the many rolling chairs. The three of us sat and looked at them expectantly.