Chapter 8 Burnt Pancakes

The next day I had nothing going on which was absolutely perfect, because I had a lot of sleep to catch up on.  I was still trying to distract my brain from its non-stop excitement over the date this coming Friday.  It wouldn’t shut up which led me to no gain of sleep. I sighed when I finally gave up and rolled out of bed, slipping on my favorite pair of pink slippers.

I walked into the kitchen to see Alicia smiling over a pan where pancakes that were cooking. Correction: they were burning.

“I’m so glad you woke up, Drew is coming over for breakfast.” She said as she happily flipped the overcooked pancakes. I looked at the clock to see it at 11:15. Brunch perhaps? I would have to text him to eat before he came.

“Why not just invite him over tonight and sleep with him and then make pancakes the next morning,” I said whilst motioning my hands to the pancakes. She slapped my hands away with a glare.

“Shut up I’m doing something for my boyfriend that’s nice, I don’t have to have him sleep with me to do that,” She said with an eye roll and I froze.

“BOYFRIEND?!” I squealed and her smile returned.

“He asked me when we went on that date the other night! I completely forgot to tell you and Becca,” She said as she scolded herself.

“I’m so happy for you Alicia!” I said flinging my arms around her. She truly did deserve somebody. She had grown up in a house without a mother and her dad had bitchy girlfriends who treated her like shit. It was about time for some justice.

“I know, I know! Now go get dressed he’s going to be here in a couple of minutes,” She said shooing me out of the kitchen. I ran into my room and threw on jeans and a random t-shirt on my floor. I put on my makeup and walked back into the living room to see Drew sitting on our couch.

“Hey there’s that creepy roommate you’re always bitching about,” Drew said and I poked him in his stomach as payback only for me to have a hurt finger from his toned abs. Dammit.

“Shut up, at least I’m not a screamer,” I said only to have him poke me back.

“Enough children,” Alicia said from the kitchen, making me grin.

“Is the food ready?” I sing-songed before I heard the front door slam open and I jerked my head to see an out of breath Becca.

“I’m….so….sorry…I’m…late…” She said gasping for air.

“You would think with all the cardio she does she would be able to run a few flights of stairs,” Alicia said receiving a glare from Becca.

“I was at Sam’s house and I woke up and my alarm didn’t go off and I had to run here because my car was at the sorority,” She said plopping down on our recliner.

“I thought you said your date was tonight,” I said confused and she grinned.

“It was, but we made a little arrangement for last night, so he had picked me up,” She said with a wide smirk as Drew cringed.

Becca saw his face and glared at him openly and I stifled a laugh before helping Alicia carry plates of pancakes out.

“You’re just jealous,” Becca said to Drew.

“Yea right, I have Alicia right here,” He said grabbing hold of Alicia’s waist and pulling her to his side as he smiled wide at her.

Becca rolled her eyes and pretended to gag as she forked a pancake and began to eat it.

“Speaking of who is having who these days, Marina here is going on a date tomorrow,” Becca said nonchalantly as I closed my eyes tightly before I got a light punch from Drew.

“Who’s the lucky guy Mar?” Drew asked as I shoved a pancake in my mouth at the same time.

“Kyle Bleu,” Becca answered for me and Alicia’s eyes jolted to mine.

“He’s actually taking you on a date? Not like a hookup but a date?! He’s using the bet?!” She said with a high squeaky voice and I nodded.

“Damn, you pull hard,” Drew said and I tried not to laugh.

“Moving on,” I said before bringing up topics involving the latest gossip. Mainly about Cara and the younger sorority girls who did all kinds of weird shit on the weekends.

Drew went home an hour later and I decided to take a long cat nap since I probably wasn’t going to be getting much sleep tomorrow… Because I would be studying… for a test…and not studying Kyle’s body…

I actually slept the rest of the day and night away, finally escaping Kyle. Well not exactly. It was wet dreams about Kyle.

------------------

Heyyyy, I'll be able to post again tomorrow I think because I have another one saved up so be patient my little readers! ;P I hope your enjoying it and BTW any feedback would be absolutely amazing thanks!