Chapter 9 The Student Lounge

My phone blared The Neighbourhood at 7:30 in the morning and I slammed my phone down under my pillow. That should do the trick. I snuggled into my warm bed, before my brain slowly woke up and reminded me about the date with Kyle. I jolted up and cursed at myself for becoming excited. Maybe I should just accept it and see what happens. Marina we know what happened the last time you pulled that stunt. My heart reminded me, beating faster at the good memories of my last boyfriend that had exploded in my face.

I got up and did my daily routine; brushing my hair, my teeth, washing my face, and doing my makeup. I picked out a warm oversized sweater, leggings, and UGG boots. It was a Friday. The professor could suck a dick if he didn’t think it was ‘appropriate for the class’.

I parked relatively close to my class because it was my biology class. That way if Kyle decided to show up; then I could escape quickly to my car without batting an eyelash. I sipped my scalding hot coffee as I made my way to the building, huddling in on myself with the morning fog. It was an incredibly gorgeous campus here, especially in the summer with warm days following warmer nights. But summer was over and the early December  days would have to suffice. I continued on in my daydream like state until I felt an arm around my shoulders and I jolted away.

Kyle smirked down at me as he bundled me into his grasp. I had to admit, I was slightly happy with his warm embrace as the cold was seeping through my sweater. And my heart seemed to be happy too as it beat away.

“Good morning princess,” He said as he opened the door for me to the science building.

I mumbled a small “good morning”, before trying to escape away through the class room doors. He veered us away and towards the so-called student lounge. It’s more like a hook up lounge; the students had blacked out the windows for a reason.

“I had a feeling you would come early, so I decided that I should take it into my own hands to make you late,” He whispered into my ear. I shivered as we reached the lounge with anticipation coursing through my veins and my blood pumping with more enthusiasm than my brain wanted to allow. He shut the door and turned the lights on. It was pretty grim in the dull room with three tables with chairs surrounding and a counter with a coffee maker. The bookshelf was filled with dictionaries that had been unused for months on end.

Kyle wasted no time in cornering me against one of the tables. He held my stare with a smirk on his face when my butt pressed against the table’s edge. I slowly hopped onto it, not letting go of his intense gaze. He rested his hands on either side of my legs, and stood between them, leaning forward slowly. He reached a centimeter away from my lips. Our breath intermingling slightly, allowing me to smell the mintiness that had haunted my olfactories for the past couple of days. He watched me intently, not wanting to make the first move and initiate what would happen next. My brain was in a high frenzy with the want and need for his lips to kiss me, and my subconscious was pleading for me to stay strong. One was going to have to win. He slowly began to lean in again and I moved my face at the last second. Having him kiss the side of my mouth. I could feel him smirk and he chuckled heartily.

“Princess, tell me you don’t want this as much as I do,” He said with a hint of something like defeat. My heart cracked slightly with the small act of weakness he showed and I turned to look at him, his face farther away this time.