Round 3: Entries

Gryffindor

Daniella Harmus

 I was running around the Black Lake, like I did every night, after finishing my homework and studying for the night.

As I cycled through my senses, sight, sound, taste, smell, and touch, I heard a sound.  It was almost like a scream.  It really sounded like someone was screaming because they were being hurt.  But, I just kept on running.

The sound happened everytime there was a full moon.  It was the Shrieking Shack. 

Legend has it that if anyone were to go in there while there is a full moon out, you wouldn't come back.

So, of course, I ran back to the castle as fast as I possibly could after running around eight miles.

When I got back, I bathed and then went to my dormitory.  On my way, I met up with Lyla, who is, practically, my best friend. 

We talked about a lot of things but mostly, I told her about hearing the Shrieking Shack.

"Dani, I bet that you aren't brave enough to spend the night with me in the Shrieking Shack."

"Oh you bet I will."

"Okay, so tomorrow night, we sneak out and spend the night in the Shack."

"Alright."

~*~*~

It was around two in the morning.  I walked out of the Gryffindor Common Room to where I am meeting Lyla.

When I get to the statue, I set my bag down and wait for Lyla.

Once Lyla arrives, we head out to the Whomping Willow, the only known entrance to the Shack. 

I, however, forgot about how the Whomping Willow hits people.   So, I got too close and the branches swung. 

Just as I realized what was going on, the branches hit Lyla and me. 

Just as I heard the howling start, the world went black.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Lyla Summers

 Revenge is a bitter thing, clouding the thoughts of the clear-minded. It blinds a person, and hatred fills them until no other thoughts matter. But oh, how sweet it is when at the tips of your fingertips.

It taken quite a while for James and Lyla to create a plan for revenge. But it was perfect, every aspect of revenge fufilled.

Lyla was released from the hospital wing 3 days later. James accompanied her as they walked to the Gryffindor common room.

"Feels good to be out of the hospital wing," said Lyla, stretching her arms out, and accidently hitting a first year. "Oops. Sorry."