Round 2: Entries

Gryffindor

Annalisa (Liss) Young

(NOT SUBMITTED THIS ROUND)

Taylor Maya

(NOT SUBMITTED THIS ROUND)

Daniella (Dani) Harmus

Its finally here!  The first quiditch match of the year.   Its even the best way to start off the year: Gryffindor versus Slytherin. 

Its funny because the Slytherins have been talking trash about my house ever since I was placed on the team as a Beater.  Some of the guys from those slimy people were trashing us because I'm a girl and apperently its unheard of for girls to play as beaters.  So I took my bat and used it to beat them.

***Saturday Morning of the Match***

I'm sitting down in the Great Hall with my best friend, Lyla.  She is eating mountains of eggs and bacon followed by a swig of pimpkin juice and then heaping her plates again.  For such a tiny little girl I honestly don't where she puts it all. 

As Lyla is shoving all this food in her mouth, I am just sitting there staring at her in awe.

"Eat something Dani."  Lyla says as she takes a break from stuffing her face.

"You know I don't eat on the morning of game days."

"Yeah, yeah." 

"Are you done shoveling food in your face for the time being?  I want to go warm up."

"I'm done, but why do you have to go warm up so early?"

"I just like flying and you know I love it."

"Alright, let's go."

So Lyla and I grab out bags and brooms and head out to the quiticth field.  We quickly changed into our robes and got out into the air where the rest of our team was waiting. 

Lyla went to where the other two chasers were waiting and started warming up while I grabbed the new beater who took over after Fred and George left.  Those two were the best beaters I've seen other than myself.  They probably could've gone pro if they hadn't been jokesters and started up their joke shop.

I think that joke shop shut down a few years ago after one of the twins died.  So sad. 

I grabbed the beater and we went over and warmed up our arms and made sure that we would be able to protect people.

***Game time***

Madame Hooch threw the quaffle in the air and the game began.  Almost imediatly after that, one of the Slytherin Beaters aimed a bludger towards me. I knocked it back towards their keeper. 

Then both bludgers came towards me.  I ducked down and hit one of them away but the other one hit me and I was almost knocked from my broom.  Luckily, I had practiced this in case.