Chapter 28

"Surprise!" I hear people yell when I walk through the front door.

All the guys stand in the kitchen, even Taven and Landon are here. Harry holds a 'Good Luck' cake in his hands.

"Hey guys!" I greet, embracing Liam's hug.

"How do you like the car?" Taven asks.

"You got her a car!" Zayn demands.

"A fast car too," Louis adds, throwing me a wink. I laugh.

"The car is amazing," I tell them. "Even though Niall wouldn't let me drive it. Saying it was apart of his gift."

Niall chuckles, wrapping his arms around my waist. "You will sooner or later." I roll my eyes.

"I made you this cake," Harry says, avoiding Niall. I smile.

"You made it?" He smirks, showing his white teeth.

"Yep." I look at the cake and am amazed.

"It is beautiful," I tell him. "So beautiful I might have to eat it all." All the guys laugh.

"Well, we will let you have some alone time," Landon says, giving Niall a wink.

"We won't leave you alone all night though," Liam tells me. "We are taking you out tonight."

"But I-" I start.

"It can wait," Landon cuts me off. I sigh.

"Fine," I agree. "What time?"

"Nine," Zayn says, looking for approval from the guys, they all nod.

"Okay see you then," Bri says, motioning to the door. "Now, get out."

All the guys laugh and head to the door. At last we are alone again.

"God, they go overboard," Lou mutters, taking my cake to the fridge.

"No one eat my cake!" I yell, walking into my room. I feel my phone buzz in against my waist. When I don't have pockets, I put my phone under the waistband of the skirt or pants I am wearing.

'Mum' flashes on the screen. Great.

"Mum, I'm not in the mood to fight," I say, answering the phone.

"Did you get the spot?" She asks, not even answering my harsh tone to her like she normally does.

"Umm, not yet," I stumble, surprised. "I just got home from callbacks."

"Well... I hope you get the spot. Your sister has talked me into supporting you. She says that you are following your dream and I need to accept you won't be like me," Mum explains.

So this is Jaelyn's doing. Jaelyn is my 23 year old sister who can be very supportive, but sometimes very... not there. When Dad died, she kind of lost it.

Her and I don't really get along, only because she is going to law school, as Mum wanted her to. Jae says I should be more like Mum, or at least try to be. I'm glad she finally thinks I can do it.

"Well, ummm... thanks I guess," I search to find the right words. "That means a lot to me."

"Are you coming home for Thanksgiving, its only in like three weeks," Mum quickly changing the subject, probably feeling awkward.

"I can, if you want me to."

"Of course I want you to, sweetie! You can even bring your new boyfriend," she exclaims.

Niall. Meeting Mum. Oh god.

"Umm.. sure. I'll ask Niall if he can come," I say at last, sitting down on my bed. "Are-Are you and that guy still together?"

I remember Mum was dating some cook dude. I don't really remember much of him because whenever he was around, I wasn't.

"Steve? Yeah we are actually," her voice is soft all of a sudden. "Spenc?"

"Yeah Mum?"

"I know.. me moving on has been very... hard for you... I just wanted you to know that I am happy, but I will never feel what I felt with your father," her voice is shaky, as if she might cry.

"I-umm... I know Mum. And that's all I have ever wanted- was for you to be happy," the words spill out of my mouth. "And if your happy with... Steve... then so am I."

"Oh, Spencer! I can't wait to see you!"

I smile. "I miss you too Mum. I-I have to go. Kay?"

"Okay, I love you."

"Love you too." And the phone call ends.

Gosh, that was the happiest phone call I have ever had with my mum. Ever.

"Babe," Niall's voice says through the door.

"Yeah?" I answer. He walks in, a smile on his lips.

"Are you sure you like the car?" He asks, sitting down next to me on the bed. "I know it's sudden and stuff.

"I love the car," I assure him. "I just wish you didn't spend so much money on me." His arms wrap around my waist, bringing me to his lap.

"Don't worry about the money. Money is stupid," he mutters in my ear. His breath is hot against my ear.

"Can I ask you something? Something that is important to me?" I ask him, ignoring his dumb comment.

"Yeah."

"I'm going home for Thanksgiving.. and I want you to come with me. My Mum really wants to meet you... and I want her to meet you," I explain. I feel Niall's head nuzzle against my neck.

"The question is?" He asks. I laugh.

"Will you come with me?" This time, he laughs.

"Of course I will. I couldn't stand being away from you that long." His words feel like air.

"Good, I don't think I could either," I tell him. He leans in and kisses my lips.

Meeting the parents at last!!! YAAA!!!!

Thank you guys for being so amazing!!! Can I maybe get five votes?!?! It would mean the world to get some.

Jaelyn was never introduced into now because she wasn't a big part in Spencer's life. I mean, yes she is her sister, but they weren't very close.

Does anyone want to think of a playlist? I have been trying to think of some, but I haven't been able to. If you do, please comment some music.

Thank you. Love you!!