Xue Yang (xxvi)

The next morning as Feng Xinya and Xue Yang were eating their breakfast, a commotion was made outside.

The mistress had acted pretty fast.

As Xinya's mansion was bordered by tall fences and the only entrance was through one gate at the front, any outsiders would need proper credentials to even enter the vicinity of the mansion grounds.

The proper credentials were of course Xinya's ID and card key, as well as a vehicle installed with a marker that was unique to the cars in his own large parking garage inside his mansion grounds. If an intruder was missing even just one of these items, then they would be shot at once by the concealed firearms. There were warning signs along the road leading to his estate, so only fools would dare to trespass blindly if they were not intentionally trying to break in.

Thus, the commotion was actually very far away from their current location inside of the dining room. However, due to the advancement of technology the duo was able to instantly know that someone had attempted to break through the tight security. The intruders even tried to hack the firewalls to disable the security system.

Unfortunately, even if they had managed to disable it, an alarm had already been set off, alerting the professional hacker on Xinya's team who was now busy warding off the offender.

Feng Xinya and Xue Yang could view everything as they ate their meal, as there were micro-cameras installed at the gates and fences. They only had to pull up the app on their notebooks to see everything that was happening.

Xinya acted as if nothing was wrong as he finished his breakfast of sunny-side up and toast. And, seeing that Xinya did not mind, Yang didn't either.

However, he kept his eyes glued to the notebook as he ate, following the antics of those men in black suits and wearing shades as they continuously failed to infiltrate the premises.

Xinya elatedly watched Yang's lips occasionally curling upwards when their attempts ended in unfavorable outcomes. When one of the men tried to dig a hole in the ground to crawl under the gates, it didn't work as the basement floor took up a large portion of even the areas outside of the perimeter. The visible green life was actuality maintained on very shallow depths of dirt and the metal gates were directly connected with the roof of the basement floor.

Their confused figures afterwards were genuinely priceless, as those men's first impressions had made Xue Yang believe them to be unfeeling and almost robotic.

Unfortunately for them, the Qiu family was not so prepared to have provided them a jet or a helicopter to trespass from above.

Seeing as their attempts to go around the gates weren't working, those with consciences tried to bypass the checkpoint once more while the rasher ones decided to use their reinforced vehicles to ram through the gates.

Xue Yang furrowed his brows when he found out their intentions, to which Xinya picked up his phone and quickly dialed a number.

"Open fire," he expressionlessly ordered the soldiers he had on standby outside.

Not even a millisecond later, the muffled sound of gunshots firing could be heard.

In contrast, the eerily calm silence inside of the mansion could have been suffocating if the inhabitants had not been Xinya and Yang.

"I want to join," Xue Yang suddenly spoke up with determination lighting up his pale, jade green eyes as he looked squarely at Feng Xinya.

When he saw Xinya looking right back at him in silence, Yang continued, "I want to join you in the special forces."