1. Xue Yang (i)

"Ding! Binding with host, Feng Xinya... Success!" Feng Xinya could tell by the tone of his voice that Xiao was very happy.

As a responsible know-it-all after reading many system novels on nvleoupdates and wattdope, Xiao was a seasoned veteran in the system department even without reading the Shanghai Tower version of the manual.

Thus, he explained everything he knew to Feng Xinya,

"First of all, I am your system. You can call me Xiao. I'm not one of those point-based systems because I don't like math. With me around, you can travel to different worlds and complete missions. The end-goal is to successfully complete ten different worlds, and that would fulfill the terms of our contract.

"You won't be working for free. After the completion of each mission, you will receive a fixed amount of stat points that you can allot on your own anytime. The fixed number is 50. You have five parameters to fill up--strength, agility, dexterity, vitality, and charisma. Strength is self-explanatory. Agility is overall speed, acceleration, and basically anything to do with your footwork. Dexterity controls attack and movement speed and accuracy, as well as evasion. Vitality is your health and stamina, while charisma is basically your handsomeness and ability to charm others. Host is already very handsome and perfect eye candy, so I cannot recommend investing much points into the last stat. You probably already know that, though.

"There will also be rewards in the form of physical objects like legendary weapons, potions, accessories, skill books, etcetera. The quality of the rewards will rise accordingly with the difficulty of the worlds.

"You have the ability to choose the difficulty of the world before you enter it. There are three levels of difficulty--Low, Middle, and High. Although you can choose the difficulty, the world you enter will be completely random. In each of these worlds you are prohibited from acting out of character, OOC. In the case that you do, you will automatically fail the mission.

"Your body will disappear from this world when you transmigrate into the other worlds. However, you don't have to worry as it will be as if time had stopped until you come back. Due to technicalities, after the completion of each mission, you are required to stay in your world for a period of 24 hours before you can go to the next world.

"By the time you are done with all ten worlds, even if you chose all Low-level difficulty for all worlds, you would still be a man amongst men. If you choose ten High-level worlds, then you would be tantamount to a godly existence. Mid-level is somewhere in between. Then again, it depends on your initial status, and I can see that you are already very powerful. Unfortunately, your captives are leagues above you. Sigh, so this is what they mean by mountains beyond mountains."

Feng Xinya was indifferent to everything and remained silent throughout the entire exchange. He only spoke up after Xiao was completely done, "Let's go."

Xiao was rendered speechless for a split second. I said all that, and you only reply with a "Let's go?"

Having not received a confirmation for what seemed like half a day, Feng Xinya raised a questioning brow as if silently asking, "Is there a problem?"

"Err, what difficulty would you like to choose?"

"Middle."

The large man's lean and toned body promptly disappeared from the mausoleum-cum-dungeon, leaving the clinking sounds of the chains clashing into the wall to reverberate within the dark, enclosed space.

***

The scene in front of Feng Xinya was no longer the murky dungeon he had grown used to for the past 18 years, nor was it the completely black space that he ended up in after his body disappeared from his own world. He was sitting in an armored vehicle as it drove through the slums of a large city.