Xue Yang (xvi)

After that conflict earlier in the day, for the first time in the four months of the three's cohabitation the protagonist did not make dinner.

Not that the two guilty parties had expected him to.

In his place, Xue Yang nonchalantly took up the role.

He wasn't some hidden master. That would be totally unrealistic as he had been kidnapped when he was merely four, and then he was forced into prostitution for the remainder of his life until just recently. And even if he had been older when he was kidnapped, he was the only heir to the top family in A country. Where would he find the time and luxury to cook delicious meals for himself when he could have professional chefs do the job for him as they were paid to do?

It's not like they didn't have technology, though, so he made use of the notebook that Feng Xinya had provided for both of them from the first day and worked based off of detailed recipes from the internet.

Since he had higher comprehensive abilities than the protagonist, working from recipes proved to work well enough as the trio was presented with a full set of Italian dishes. There was the classic spaghetti with tomato sauce, mushrooms, and meatballs, pre-made garlic bread that only needed to be baked, chicken Alfredo topped with parmesan, and lastly pasta fagioli which was a soup to compliment the rest of the dishes.

Since he had always cleaned the dinner table and washed the dishes in the past, it took little to no time for him to navigate the kitchen. Also, Feng Xinya's kitchen was very large and there was more than enough room for him to cook multiple things at once.

As opposed to when the protagonist had taken the initiative to cook for the two, Feng Xinya actually ventured into the kitchen to occasionally help Xue Yang with the more dangerous jobs like straining the noodles and working with knives.

People might say that the biased treatment was a bit cruel and that the protagonist didn't really do anything to wrong Feng Xinya in this lifetime, but Feng Xinya actually didn't care about how the original had died. He simply disregarded those he deemed unimportant.

How could his initial mission target possibly be considered unimportant? Well, even when the protagonist had been the mission target, Feng Xinya didn't feel that he had to attach any extra attention towards him. After all, he was only a mission target.

In contrast, didn't consider Xue Yang a mission target even after he'd become one. To Feng Xinya, Xue Yang was the one he would spend the rest of this lifetime with.

Then, he would forget everything when he woke up in his original world like a sweet and impossible dream.

Only after he got rid of him would Feng Xinya dare to remember everything.

Even if it'd end up bittersweet in the end, he wanted to remember the first time he experienced something other than pain, hatred, and emptiness.

Just like a moth drawn to the flame, Feng Xinya was more than willing to burn at the very end after he finally got rid of him.

Ever since he had said his last statement to the protagonist, Xue Yang had been quieter than normal. At least, ever since he regained his memories he would speak more than he used to. But ever since Feng Xinya said those words, Xue Yang wasn't able to look him in the eyes.

That was one of the main reasons he actually went into the kitchen to help prepare their dinner. He needed to get the other boy accustomed to his presence, as well as to how he felt about him.

Feng Xinya knew Xue Yang was just feeling slightly shy. After all, those words were a bit cheesy, even for him. But they did properly convey to the protagonist his point. Only something as straightforward as that would be able to make its way into such a thick skull.