Xue Yang (xxiv)

Feng Xinya and Xue Yang unreservedly left as soon as there was nothing left to be discussed.

They were led by the head butler and were just about to reach the stairs when a small figure almost bumped into Feng Xinya's tall and built stature from behind as it rushed down the hallway. It didn't take much effort for the older man to notice and avoid the shadow, though, as he stepped to the side and wound his right arm around Yang before discreetly hiding him behind his larger body.

The intention of this child was not to harm anyone, but to catch a glimpse of Xue Yang.

While Feng Xinya knew that no one in this world could harm Yang with him around, that didn't mean he would openly invite danger to their doorstep. Frankly, the less disruption he had during his time with his white kitten, the better.

Seeing that he hadn't been able to successfully bump into Feng Xinya to stall for some time to stop and look at the face of the teenager hiding behind him, the child grit his teeth and unnaturally tripped over his feet and fell to the floor in a cluttered mess.

"Little young master!" The head butler yelled out in concern. As he had been helping the head raise Xue Bai for even longer than the amount of time he'd been able to spend with Xue Yang, even he had to admit that their ties were inevitably closer.

Furthermore, this little boy had exquisite features that were more feminine and cuter than the current young master whose childish features had long since matured and emasculated slightly over the years. If he gained more muscle and taller then he'd undoubtedly look less feminine than he currently did in his currently thin frame.

As opposed to the obviously male Xue Yang with a gentle and refined look, the little boy on the floor was only twelve and his baby fat had yet to go away. He was currently wearing a white, long-sleeved dress shirt with frilly cuffs and an elegant, royal blue ribbon bowknot bow tie fastened underneath the collar. His chubby white legs were exposed up to about an inch above his plaid blue shorts. Even though they were currently indoors, it wasn't a custom to take off shoes in the manor so he had on a pair of dark brown chukka boots over a pair of pure white socks that reached his upper-mid calf and were kept up by a similar colored leather as his boots.

The boy's black hair was short and curly, and his large pair of watery eyes were sky blue. Presumably, the color of the boy's eyes took after his mother, while the rest of his features were a mix between the two parents. His black hair was obviously from the Xue head, though. As for his name, one would presume they named him after his "snow white" skin that highly contrasted against his pitch-black hair.

To Xinya, though, his Yang's entire being was as white and pure as the snow, and the contrasting warmth he provided was reminiscent of the sun, just like his name.

The boy had gotten himself comfortable with the floor as he stubbornly refused to raise himself using the head butler's outstretched hand. Instead, he tried his best to look past Xinya's overly large figure so that he could hopefully catch even the slightest glimpse of the other person.

When he had been behind them, all he could see was the figure's almost pure-white hair and his refined form as he donned on the white suit. Walking next to the tall and imposing man beside him, he didn't seem to lose out at all, but rather they complimented each other even though the white figure was so much shorter and thinner than the older man.

His mother had given him a mission, and that was to catch a glimpse of their visitors and report back to her their qualities. Thankfully, he'd always had perfect memory and proficient drawing skills, so all he needed to do was to see them.

Unfortunately, while the older man dodged his "attack" earlier, he ended up coincidentally shielding his companion from his sight ah.

Seeing as the passive approach wasn't going to work, the little boy abruptly pulled himself up and curiously asked the head butler, "Who are they, grandfather?"