Xue Yang (vii)

"Ahhh!!!" Ye Xia cried, horrified at the sounds of gunshots and the chaotic movements while on Feng Xinya's shoulder. He panicked and flailed his arms and legs around madly, disrupting Feng Xinya's movements, so Feng Xinya promptly knocked him out by chopping his neck, hitting the boy's vagus nerve and rendering him still as a corpse.

Of course, he was just unconscious.

With two loads in his hands, he had no choice but to retreat in order to guarantee their safety, so he promptly ran back to the vehicle while dodging the onslaught of bullets.

Xue Yang obediently followed along, alert of the surroundings and clearly trying his best not to drag Feng Xinya down.

There was a constant downpour of bullets rapidly coming down on them. Feng Xinya had a gun under his clothes but certainly didn't trust Xue Yang enough to have him take it out for him.

If he were himself, he would have let go of Xue Yang, but his mission for the world was to successfully complete his missions as the agent Feng Xinya, which not only included Ye Xia's protection but also Xue Yang's.

Gritting his teeth, Feng Xinya pulled Xue Yang forward as he himself took a bullet to his right shoulder. It had embedded itself straight into his shoulder blade, but he only felt that the impact happened. The pain was insubstantial to him.

Xue Yang's eyes widened in horror as he watched the bullet move seemingly in slow-motion and impaling the older man in his shoulder. Yet, the man didn't seem in the least bit bothered as he continued their dash to the Maybach, hauling his smaller body along.

After what seemed like half a day, the car was finally in sight. Without a single word or warning, Feng Xinya shoved the two boys into it in one deft movement and slammed the door shut as they instantly locked on their own. He pulled out his gun in the next second, firing it in four different locations before the opposing fire stopped.

The crisp sound of hands clapping could be heard from the side nearby. Feng Xinya turned to find the male lead in all his glory; his large, tanned and bulky body wasn't overly muscular but not thin either. His red locks were slightly wavy and short, bangs styled so that they sloppily formed an "M" shape. His half-lidded jade green eyes gave one the impression that he was normally laidback and lazy, but within that carelessness hid a sharp and dangerous glint. It was Qin Luofeng.

"Very impressive, as expected from the man who ran off with my goods," the man's lips curled upwards as he leisurely approached Feng Xinya with his hands in the pockets of his black trousers, "But why did you step out so soon? Feeling overly-confident, aren't we?"

Feng Xinya observed the man's every move in silence. He noted that the male lead's eyes often drifted to the car where the boys were hiding. He could be deliberately making it seem that he was ready to smuggle them back only as mere goods with his words.

But if the two boys truly were simply merchandise, then why would the male lead as the big boss of Shadow personally involve himself when the organization was still up and running perfectly fine as always? He had plenty of capable subordinates to finish the job for him.

Satisfied with the outcome of the day's efforts, Feng Xinya cocked his gun towards Qin Luofeng's head. He only wanted to see for himself the male lead as well as gauge the man's ability, character, as well as the depth of "feelings" for the protagonist.

It seemed that at this point the male lead was already familiar with the protagonist and held a slight interest true to the original plot. Of course, there was also the off-chance that he had taken an interest in Xue Yang, rather than Ye Xia, but Xiao had reassured him that the golden couple--though easily broken in webnovels, it was actually an impossiblity "irl."